Soulmates part 2

Pls vote if you liked this chapter

Katie was running late. Again. She only woke up when a fully dressed and ready for school Matt threw a pillow at her head while she was sleeping. She woke up and realised how late she was and panicked. She ran to the bathroom, then to her closet and ran downstairs and straight out the house. She had ran half way down the street before she realised she had forgotten her shoes. She mentally face palmed herself and ran back to get them. Katie ended up being 30 minutes late for school.

She burst into professor Coran's classroom and apologised as she walked over to her seat. Keith was already there, well everyone was. She opened her book and started scribbling down whatever was on the board. Keith asked her with an amused tone if she had a rough morning. She rolled her eyes at him and continued with her work. This is when professor Coran announced that there was a huge project everyone had to do with the person they were sat next to. That meant Katie and Keith were going to work together. As intrigued as Katie was, she knew this would only lead to trouble.

She casually asked him where he wanted to do the project. He just shrugged his shoulders and said he was cool with wherever they did it. She then offers to do it at her house and he agreed. They didn't talk much after that. The lesson flew past and it was lunch already. Katie sat at a table in the cafeteria with Hunk, Lance, Allura and Lotor. Allura was spoon feeding Lotor his yogurt and it was kinda of cute and kind of weird, she thought. Her other lessons were boring and before she knew it, school had finished. Lance and Hunk were coming Katie's house after school so they met outside of school, when out of no where, Keith popped up beside them. He cleared his throat and the trio jumped in surprise. Lance got all offended again and asked why Keith came to their group again. Keith just ignore Lance and asked Katie for her number. She choked on her water and turned bright red. Keith saw this and immediately explained. He needed her number if they were going to do the project together. She agreed and got out her phone and ignored Lance's glares at the two of them. After she typed his number he waved goodbye and left.

Lance was really quiet as they started walking to her house. It took him precisely 5 minutes before he snapped. He started accusing Katie of betraying him and hanging out with Keith. He went on for ages. Katie and Hunk shared a grimace as Lance rambled. Katie knew this wasn't going to be a good idea.

They got to her house and grabbed some snacks and starting playing some video games. About 5 minutes later, Katie got a text message. It was from Keith. Katie tried to discreetly message him back without Lance seeing her. Keith was just asking what day they should meet at her house and what her address was. She had to make sure Lance wasn't around the day Keith came. She quickly sent the message and turned her attention back to Hunk and Lance, who were in a heated match. She absently fiddled with her wristband. Recently her wrist had been quick itchy and tingly. She pulled back the material of the wristband and observed her mark. It was still the same. So why did it feel so wierd?

Lance and Hunk went home soon after and Katie and her family were eating dinner at the table. He father was talking about work while Katie, Matt and Colleen listened. Once he was done he asked Katie how her day was. She explained about her maths project and how she was doing it with Keith. Matt dropped his fork. He was shocked that she was hanging out with Keith and that he would be coming to their house when she knew Lance didn't like Keith. She just brushed it off and said she could do whatever she wanted to do. Her mother started taking and Katie wasn't paying attention. She was busy scratching her wrist. Her mother noticed this and offhandedly commented on it. She said that sometimes you won't know if you have met your soulmate and your mark will tingle or itch. Katie froze slightly. She then excused herself and went to her room.

She then thought about what her mother had said. Maybe this was why her wrist was itching? The more she thought about it, she realised it only really started yesterday. Who did she see yesterday? Just the kids at school. And Keith. But there was no way. It was just a coincidence. Her cheeked reddened ad she thought about him. He was a nice guy. She didn't really know him yet but she got that weird feeling in her stomach. She wondered if she would see him at the weekend. Soon she busied herself with her homework and eventually fell asleep