Lesson #26: Sleepovers are Essential

A/N: Hey everyone! I planned on making this chapter longer but it's 4am and I wanted to get it published. So the next chapter will have more Brett drama! Anyways, I'm thinking this fic will get a few more chapters, like maybe 3 or 4? I'm trying to make it to 30 lol. Thanks for reading and I love feedback from you guys, so keep those comments coming! Love you guys!

"What did you get on the last test?" I wondered, watching Derek struggle over his calculus homework with the end of his pencil between his teeth. With everything going on, both of us admitting our feelings and now trying to figure out how to be in a relationship together, I hated to admit that I had been slacking on his studying. He had missed three homework assignments and didn't study for the last test and I felt like it was all my fault. 

Derek cringed, taking the pencil out of his mouth to frown at me. "A thirty-two," he admitted, his face red with embarrassment. "But I can retake it, I just have to study after school for two days before hand. Monday and Tuesday, I scheduled time in the study hall. Maybe you could pull some strings and be the one who tutors me?" he asked, leaning towards me so his shoulder pressed against my leg. I was sitting on my bed overseeing his studying while he laid on his stomach with the work splayed out in front of him. 

"I'll see what I can do," I promised, gently pushing his face back towards the papers. "Here's the deal. If you can do fifteen of these practice questions and get them all right, I'll ask my dad if you can stay over tonight," I said, watching his face light up. It had been almost a month since we started officially dating, and after the incident at the mall last week, we'd been spending a lot more time together than usual. The truth was that I'd let him stay the night no matter what because I just wanted to be close to him for as long as possible. 

"Am I allowed to ask for help?" he whined, pouting as he stared at the menacing calculus questions in front of him. 

I laughed, running my fingers through his hair before getting up to sit at my desk instead. It would be less of a distraction for him if I was farther away. "You get three questions, so use them wisely," I teased, making him groan. While I sat across the room from him, he worked in silence, trying his best to figure out the problems on his own. I watched him fondly, smiling every time he made that adorable thinking face, or when he chewed on his pencil, or when he sighed at himself for making a small mistake. It was crazy to me how much I had changed since admitting to myself that I liked him. I used to be hung up on a girl who would hardly look at me, let alone make my heart swell as I watched her do math problems on my bed. Derek Hale was a huge surprise in my life, but a very appreciated one. I didn't think I could love someone more than I loved Lydia Martin, but as it turned out, that wasn't love. This was. Derek and I weren't perfect by any means, but I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. That's how serious I was about him. 

"I did it!" he announced, interrupting my thoughts about him as he sat up, a smile across his lips. "I think they're right, anyways," he added, his face suddenly red at the thought of being wrong. He got up from the bed, bringing his paper over to my desk. I spun my chair to face my desk, reading over his answers to check them. I felt Derek leaning over my shoulder, and then his arms around my neck, his lips dangerously close to my ear. I felt my face flush red, but I ignored that and kept focusing on his paper. "So, how'd I do?" he asked, eagerly. 

"You got one wrong," I told him, looking up in time to see his expression falter, a frown replacing his smile. "But, you didn't ask for any help, so I think you still deserve a reward," I said, hoping to cheer him up again. I shoved his paper into his notebook, closing it so we could move on to something other than calculus.