A Call to Action

Freedom Fighters, Awake!

They call her the Viper.

When evildoers meet their master, they don't descend into the fiery pits of hell. For them, Hades comes in a black metal tube. Eight by four feet. Every convicted felon enters their digital coffin, chained and helpless, begging for a merciful death. Unable to fight back. Unable to appeal.

Inside her dark cave, the Viper lies in wait and guards her sacrificial lambs, unbending to their bleats. She strikes. Her hooked fangs dig into their supple flesh. Though they struggle against her pull, nothing can overpower the strength of her will.

They tremble as her poisonous venom spews into their veins, unable to bid their loved ones farewell before the torture begins. It burns. It's cold. And it will last as long as it takes.

Until her victim bends or breaks.

They close their eyes one last time. No final defiance will save them now.

The opaque coffin lid slams shut.

When Charon—naught but a solitary, bored lab tech—sails these souls to the distant shores of virtual consciousness, some never return.

As each second ticks by, the Viper watches the value of her prison rise. Her wards slave away for her glory without awareness or consent. Yet another penthouse she's earned. Her believers praise her for it like she's the Almighty God while her prisoners cry out to us for justice.

We shall not rest until we vanquish the Viper. Not by the sword, but by her own poison. Once she slithers from her digital exile and begs the world to end the terror she's created, only then we will release her.

End digital slavery now!

One world! One nation! One rating!

___

Word count: 281
Total word count: 281/2,000

A/N: Thank you for reading this sneak peek. If you enjoyed it, please consider putting it in your library or reading lists. It's now complete! So feel free to binge-read if you like.