Chapter #4

No One's POV~

Emma was relaxing in the bath, letting her worries just melt away from her! Although she still couldn't help but think about Ray in that moment of relaxation.. it wasn't to long ago that he was holding her wrist, as if his actions were trying to speak for him.

It's only been 30 minutes..

~~~

Emma's POV~

When I felt Ray's hand grab hold of my wrist, I was surprised... he's never acted that way before. I looked up to him and smiled, before coming up with something to say to him. He looked so deep in thought himself.. until he suddenly let go of my wrist again.

"H-hey um.. Ray?.."

"Ray.. is everything okay?"

He didn't respond to me right away,  and I could see his reaction.. but I didn't understand why his face had such a sad expression.. as if something was eating away at him. But what?

"RAY!!" I then shouted, hoping to snap him out of his daze.

He actually looked at me directly, to show he could hear.

"Sorry." he said..

"Ray.. answer me, what happened!?.." I asked.

I watched as he sighed before saying anything else to me..

"It's nothing you need to worry about. I'll be fine.."

"Okay.. if you say so.." I then sighed, "I'm going to take my bath now.. bye!" I said, and ran to the baths before giving him a chance to respond.

I wonder if he was watching me as I ran away so suddenly?.. what were his thoughts?..

~~~

No One's POV~

Emma sighed, before stepping out of the bath. She put a towel around her body, and made her way to the girls room to get dressed.

After getting her clothes on, she made her way down stairs, and as she was getting ready to go outside with everyone, she noticed a little girl standing in front of the door, holding a bunny stuffy. Emma thought she looked cute, but didn't recognize her as one of the girls at the orphanage.

"Hey!" she shouted, walking towards the little girl with a smile.

The girl looked up at Emma, as if a little confused, but she returned Emma's smile easily.

"Hewo!" she said, in the cutest voice.

Emma felt her heart melt at the sound of such a cute little girl. She wondered who she is?

"I'm Emma! and what's your name?" she asked, still smiling

"Conny!" replied the little girl.

"Well its nice to meet you, Conny!"

"Thanks hehe!" 

As they were becoming comfortable with each others conversation, someone came up behind Emma, and placed their hand on her shoulder.

"Emma.."

Emma got surprised and jumped a bit, but turned her head to see it was Isabella's hand that was rested on her shoulder.  She sighed, as if relieved.

"Mom! you scared me!.." she then giggled.

"Yes, I'm sorry about that, Emma." said, Isabella, with a smile.

"But I see you met, Conny. She is new to the Orphanage."

"Wait, really!?"

She couldn't have felt happier. She really loved Conny already, and thought she was cute

Conny smiled at them both, closing her eyes shut.

"Yes, and I'd like if you could be the one to show her around, and introduce her to the other kids. Would you do that for me, Emma?" Isabella, said, with her hand still placed on Emma's shoulder from behind her.

Emma's smile kept on growing. Of course she wanted to show Conny around. She loved doing things like this with all her new family! It gave her the chance to get to know them all as well as she does now.

"Yes!"

"Good. I'll leave her to you then." and with that, Isabella walked off with a smile.

Emma grabbed Conny's hand and smiled down at her. 

"Let's go meet everyone else, Conny!"

Conny smiled happily, her eyes shining with excitement as she nodded her head and walked outside with Emma holding her hand, and she carried little bunny, in her other.

Now Emma could finally put her thoughts to rest.. even if its only for a day.