Chapter #7

It's been 2 days since they all played Truth or Dare, and Emma has never stopped thinking about Ray's hug. How it some how spoke to her with kindness, and made her feel safe.

Meanwhile, Ray was having the same thoughts, except, his were a bit different.

"Hey Ray!" called, Don, signaling him over.

Ray looked In Don's direction with a sigh, before walking towards him.

"Whats up, Don?" he asked.

"Check out this note I found on mom's desk!" he replied.

"Mom's?.."

Ray grabbed the note from Don, and began reading it over fast.

The note wrote..

"Everything is in check. The children are all safe. A list of more supplies will be sent to the house on Friday. Friday, Gilda will be leaving us for the better-"

Ray paused reading it, and took a small breath before finishing the last bit of the note which wrote..

"or for worst.."

Don looked at Ray in confusion.

"What do you think it is?"

"And does it mean.. Gilda's going to be adopted Friday!?.."

Ray was deep in thought about the note. Something seemed off to him...

"Ray?.." Don said once again, finally getting Ray's attention.

"Yeah.. maybe." he replied.

"But hey, Don.. don't go snooping in mom's room anymore, alright? for your own sake.."

Don was still lost, but shook it off, and agreed with Ray.

"Yeah, i agree."

Ray nodded his head, then turned to the door.

"I'm going to the baths now for some relaxation." he said, before leaving the boys room.

Meanwhile, Emma was just finishing a bath. She was alone, and enjoyed her time to think without any distractions.

She stood up, and stepped out.

"That felt nice!" She said to herself, happily.

The bath helped her thoughts just melt away for the time being.

Emma walked out of the baths grabbing a towel on the bench, and wrapping herself in it.

As she was reaching for the door handle, she felt it so easily turning.

"Huh?.."

She turned it fully and opened it, and when she did, Ray appeared in front of her, and almost knocked her over. They didn't expect to see eachother there like that.

Both of their eyes met, as they were circling.

"Ray?.."

"Emma.."

"W-what are you doing here!?" She managed to say.

Ray looked at her oddly, as if she said something dumb.

"For a bath. Why else?" He decided to tease. This caused Emma to pout.

"Your mean Ray!" she scolded.

"Are you leaving the baths now?" he said, changing subject a little.

"Yeah.. I just finished so I was going to head back to the girls room."

"That makes sense."

"What about you, Ray?"

Ray looked into her eyes, and brought his face slightly closer to Emma's, causing her to blush a little.

"R-ray.." she said, nervously.

He smirked a bit at her reaction, before leaning back his face from hers again. He loved to tease Emma cuz of how cute she gets when she's worked up.

"Hmph.. well I'm going now! Have fun with your bath, Ray!" she said, running out.

Ray watched as she ran off, and when she was out of sight, he turned his head back, and sighed.

I love you, idiot..