Part 6

As much as I wanted to hurt Sean by revealing to him that his ex-girlfriend is now pregnant with my ex-boyfriend's child, the whole conversation seemed more detrimental towards my emotional being than his and I wasn't ready to relinquish a fire just in the name of getting back at him for his questions. So I left.
The confession was also more of an observational truth than a solid one and at the end of the do, he can do what he deems fit with the information I gave him. As long as it never gets back to me.

"LEYA?" 

"Why are you screaming?" I ask frowning at Chelsea, "Also why the fuck does it smell like smoke?"

"That's James-I've been calling you and you were just gazing off. Is this about that date you went on yesterday?"

I whip my head and look at her, "How do you know about that?"

"So you did go on a date? I honestly thought your mom was lying," she chuckles that I am astounded laugh of hers and I don't blame her. When last was I on a date?

An actual date. Not one that involved all of us as friends,  because besides the alone time I had with Mike whenever no one else was around, I have never actually been on a date.

"How come you didn't tell me?"

"You need to stop gossiping with my mom. You can start off by blocking her on your social media accounts. Even I don't let her follow me."

"It was Sean wasn't it?"

"I thought you stopped smoking," I ignore Chelsea and scream at James, who's standing a few feet away from us, smoking.

"When did I say that?" he comes to stand next to me.

"Last time I saw you, you didn't smoke at all."

"Well, that's because I was at home. I never smoke at home."

"Well don't you think you should stop?"

"Smoking? No can't do."

"You can start off by not smoking at my house."

He scoffs, but not before puffing his cigarette, "I didn't think it was ever a problem."

"Well things have changed and if my mom starts finding fresh cigarette buds everywhere, then what? The last thing I need is her thinking it's me."

"But Leya there are buds everywhere," he says stepping onto old cigarette buds.

"Yes, my dead father's old cigarette buds. And you should stop smoking too. Look where that got him."

"James, just put it out," Chelsea intervenes, "and don't mind her, she's just moody because she went on a date with Sean yesterday."

"Why don't you just go ahead and blog it then?"

"I'm disappointed in you, Leya. Soon you'll be a little crackhead. But don't even think I'm going to lend you money," he puts his cigarette out and shrugs as Chelsea and I both look at him with confused looks. "Just speaking my truth."