Part 2: Mr Sutherland...

When lunch comes around Chelsea and I head to our usual lunch spot, outside on the grass patches under a tree.
During lunch, the normal people you see outside are the usually the seniors and sometimes pupils in their 11th grade. The rest of the students enjoy sitting in the cafeteria and having their lunch there. Majority of the students you can find cramped up in the cafeteria trying to make friends.

"What is that?" my nostrils are inflated as I turn to Chelsea.

Cradled in her hands is a sandwich, with two bites out of it, "Tuna sandwich with mayo," she says her mouth full, trying to take another bite, "want some?"

I pull my head backwards, nearly resulting in a neck spasm as the smell continues to clog my nasal pathways, "Ew, don't do that," I push her hand away.

"Your loss," Chelsea says as she proceeds to eat.

I take a chocolate bar out of my backpack and bite into it, just as James and Josh join us.

"New year, same old tuna sandwich I, see, Chelsea," James says crossing his legs and sitting down.

"Did you guys see that Sean is back?" I ask and Josh responds.

"Coleman?" his voice is soft, contradicting what one would initially think if you met a muscled guy such as him.

"Yes. He's in our Calculus class."

"Is he even allowed to be in school? Last I heard he got like one of those 'can't be within 50 meters of a school' restraining orders that paedophiles get," James comments.

"All rumours," Chelsea snorts, "he was sent away on a retreat."

"Retreat my, ass," I say, "he left to save face."

"Oh yes, I keep forgetting your father plays around with Coleman senior," James says taunting Chelsea.

"Played," she continues, "he's dead."

"What do you mean?" James questions.

"Okay, nothing I say leaves this little grass patch okay? You could get my father into serious trouble," we nod and she sighs. "You didn't hear it from me, but last night I overheard my dad talking to my mom that the police found him just floating in his swimming pool. Dead."

"Like he drowned?" I ask

"I think so. Or maybe he slipped, I don't know."

"He was definitely killed," James chuckles.

"Could you have said that any louder," I state swatting his arm.

He clears his throat and looks around, "All I'm saying is, who swims with shoes on?"

"Or he could have killed himself," I turn my head and look at Josh, who I had momentarily forgotten was there, "shit happens."

"And you actually believe yourself, as the words come out of your mouth?" before Josh can reply, James continues, "I call murder. That man loved his own life more than he did his kids and 10 bucks says I'm right."

"I'm not going to bet on a dead man's life, James."

"Deal," I say cutting Chelsea off and shocking her as well, just as the bell rings signalling the end of lunch.

"Leya?" she says looking at me, her eyes wide as saucers.

"What?" I ask standing up and brushing the dead grass of my blazer and dress, "He's dead. It's not like we can bring him back."

After lunch, the periods drag on for eternity and in some classes, we got an introduction into what this year entails, while in some like Accounting, we actually started working. Well some, of course.