13

‼️tw- suicide, s/h reference

stella pov
⋆⋆⋆⋆
"if i'm not back in 2 hours call me, i probably fell asleep." i called back into nick's house, before closing the door.

i was almost outside my house when a car sped past, waking me up a little. i jumped slightly, and looked up at the stars. it was cloudier today, that's for sure, but i could still make out the constellation, just next to the north star. i smiled, knowing that that constellation would forever have a new meaning.

i put the key in my front door and twisted. it didn't work at first, and i realised i hadn't even locked the door. way to get stolen from... dumbass.

i checked my wallet and my keys were still there, and sat down on the couch.
(as a bri ish person that's so weird to write for me lmao).

as i was about to fall asleep... again... i remembered what nick had said about his shirt. i almost forgot.

i jumped up from the couch and slid down the hallway on my socks. yes, i fall over almost every time and end up with bruises on my knees and elbows, what about it? my inner child is living her best life.

i opened the washing machine and grabbed everything out of it. i chucked it in the dryer and sat there on the floor staring at it. i glanced at the clock now and again. 1am... 1.20am... 1.42am... 1.5-ding!

it was a miracle i hadn't fallen asleep. i was debating whether to iron the shirt or not, but before i could make a decision, i went under.

//dream (no not him, the thing you do when you're asleep)

"hey guys!" i closed the door behind them as my dad's sister's family came in.

"merry christmas sweetie." my aunt gave me a huge hug. "you've grown so much!"

"yeah! 5,5 now." i pretended to be all proud of myself. my aunt was my closest friend in my family. my dad always said i was his favourite child, but it doesn't mean he's not the reason i was so depressed all the time.

we sat down for christmas dinner, and as we'd almost finished my sister asked for more turkey.

"haha fat" my brother said to her.

she frowned. "fat?"

"it was a joke it was a joke don't worry i didn't mean it."

"oh i know, it's just-"

my dad cut her off before she could finish.

"i'm sorry that's unacceptable." he grabbed my brother's wrist. my mom tried to say something to him, but he ignored her. we exchanged a worried glance. it was happening again.

"that's bullying. if you're going to speak to her like that in my house i don't want you here, you can go live somewhere else."

multiple people tried to speak, but he wasn't having it. people tried to defend my brother. after all, my sister had said she knew it was a joke.

still, dad wasn't buying it.

"no, do you not think that's out of order?" he was shouting now. there was no way we could change his mind.

he continued to scream at my brother for what felt like forever, and i ran upstairs to my room. i didn't want to be a part of whatever happened next.

i heard him scream, "you know what? that's it. im leaving."

he slammed the front door, and this time, i wasn't sure if he was coming back.