(4)

Aliyah P.O.V.

I never know what happened with Ashton having to go to the office yesterday during school, but when I arrived this morning, everything seemed normal enough. Ashton greeted me at my car like he usually has been in the mornings and acted normal. I pulled my textbook from my locker and jumped in surprised when someone closed my locker.

"So, how about me and you go get some ice cream after school or something?" I looked at Ashton and slightly blushed. I wanted to yell 'Yes!' but, that would sound like I was practically waiting for him to ask, even though I have been.

"Yeah, sure. See you in history." I walked away from my locker and towards my first class, why did I just walk away? I still have twenty minutes until my first class starts! I mentally slap myself for not staying to talk to him and walk towards my class.

I silently take notes and sit through the class, bored out of my mind. I keep wondering what will happen with me and Ashton. I admitt that I like him, a crush, nothing more, but something about him is different. I've never met a guy anything like him. Ashton always seems to smile whenever he sees me rounding a corner or walking towards him. How when I'm sitting beside him, he will occasionally steal a glance over at me, or how the few times he's held my hand, he rubs his thumb over to back of my hand, making me more relaxed.

I smile just thinking about him, and how he's different. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the teacher calls me name. I immediately look up at her and my smile falters. "Do you care to share what has your not paying in attention in my class and smiling so widely?" I shake my head and look down at my notebook, doodling in the corner. "Come on, speak up." I shake my head and rub my sweaty palms together. I begin to get uncomfortable under the stare of all my classmates as my teacher still urges me on.

Without thinking much of it, I quickly exit the room, hearing the laughter of kids behind me. I head towards the bathroom and lock myself in the stall farthest away from the door. You may think I'm over reacting, but the truth is, talking in front of people I have no trust in terrifies me. It terrifies me even more to talk in front of people who laugh at me. I may seem confident at some points, but it can all come crumbling down in one moment for me. I don't cry, there's no need for that, I just needed to be away from the preasure that was put on me.

I close the toilet lid and sit on it, crossing my legs and pulling out my phone. I aimelessly scroll down my facebook feed as I hear the bell ring. I stay put until the second bell rings, signaling that everyone should be in class by now. I pick myself up and exit the bathroom, walking towards my locker. I wasn't going to get my things, they would have to sit there. I know the teacher would yell at me, and I know I would probably end up going off at her. I'm furrow my eyebrows together when I see my backpack sitting in front of my locker. I cautiously look around, but no one is in sight.

All of my belongings are in my backpack, nothing missing. I swing the bag over my shoulder and take out my science book. "You know, the teacher felt bad after you left and went into the halls looking for you." I jump slightly when Calum leans against the locker beside mine. I shake my head and shut my locker. "And I got your stuff for you." I smile in appreciation and turn towards him, leaning against my own locker.

"Thanks, I was going to leave it all in there, get it after school sometime." He nods and does something I didn't expect. Leans in and hugs me. He wraps his arms around my torso and squeezes slightly. I stand slightly shocked before wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him back.

"I'm sorry for what I said at your house the other night, things got out of control." Calum releases me and looks down at the floor. I wasn't really thinking about what had happened at my house. How my brother threatened him, and how I yelled at him.