(6)

Aliyah P.O.V.

I woke up with a massive headache, the right side of my head pounding. I suddenly remembered what had happened last night and rubbed my temples. I wasn't sure if he was still here, or if Richard had returned home last night.

I reluctantly got out of bed, checking my messages. I only had one, from Calum, 'Hey, you can meet me at my place around 9, I have practice until 11 and you could watch practice and then we could work on the project on the field.' I looked over at the clock that read eight o'clock. I only had thirty minutes to get ready and then I would have to drive all the way across town to get to his house.

I wonder why Calum would want to do the project at the football field when I could just meet him at his house after practice was over. I decided not to contemplate on it and take a quick shower. I hadn't got a morning text from Ashton like I usually do and that kind of made me sad. I wasn't really expecting him to send one, we've only known each other a few months but he did generally send one most mornings.

I quickly pulled my curly hair into a bun, not caring to dry it, and brush my teeth. I pulled on a hoodie and a pair of shorts before slinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking out of my room towards the kitchen. Richard was in the kitchen cooking some time of messed up omelette as I enter.

"Where were you off to last night?" I asked, grabbing an oreo from the package on the counter. My brother blushed lightly and I felt myself smile, he had to of been with a girl.

"Out with some friends." He simply replied, flipping his omelette.

"Girl friends?" I asked and waggled my eyebrows, making him bellow a laugh. "You need to get back out there, it's been almost two or three years since you've had a long term girlfriend." I shoved the oreo into my mouth and took a juice bottle from the fridge.

"Yes, I was out with a girl, but it wasn't anything serious, I don't think she's interested." I perked up and did a small happy dance. I hoped having a love interest would make him happier, he always was so down in the dumps.

"Well, I'm off to work on a school project, I will be back sometime after lunch." He nodded, not pushing me any further. I think he may be starting to trust me a bit more than he did before, it made me happy.

I slung my backpack into the back of my car and put the key into the engine, groaning when the engine sputtered and died, I would be forced to walk all the way across town to get to Calum's house, and there was no way I would make it there by 9.

"Need a ride?" Richard poked his head out of the from the front door and I nodded, closing the door to my car. I went to the passenger side of Rich's car and closed the door behind me, cringing when the door squeaked. "What's the address?" I wasn't sure of what Calum's actually address was, so I just told him the gated community name. He stared at me slightly shocked before pulling out of the driveway.

The ride to Calum's was filled with the radio as the only thing breaking the silence. Richard was probably still thinking about whatever he did last night and I was focused on why Calum would rather study at the football field than his house.

My mind flooded back to the first time Calum had ever come over to my house. He had said people thought his life was perfect and it wasn't, and I know he kind of explained, but what if it was actually more than that? What if something else was actually going on in his life?