(2)

Aliyah's P.O.V.

On my ride home, I felt like bursting out crying. I didn't even make it through the whole day without crying. I know Ashton saw me crying in the hallway, that's why I rushed into the bathroom, so he wouldn't ask me any questions.

I've barely even known Ashton, I only met him six hours ago at the beginning of school, and he's already asked me on a date! I've known guys for months and none of them have asked me on dates. I bet Ashton will end up not liking me, he barely knows me, why could he like me. Once every other guy got to know me, they all ran away like I was a disease!

I lay my head on the steering wheel and take a deep breath, maybe I would actually have a good time tonight with Ashton and we would end up being friends, I kind of need another friend besides Kayla. She's been my best friend forever and I wouldn't trade her for anything, she'll always be here, but I need other friends too.

My phone goes off as soon as I pull up in the driveway and I open the message.

From: Unknown

Hey, it's Ashton :) I was thinking I could pick you up around 5 and we could go for pizza and maybe the arcade. Xx

I look at my house, the paint peeling at the sides, the steps on the front broken, a few boards on different windows. I didn't have to money to repair my family’s house, and my dad doesn't care enough to get a job and try and fix it up, you'd think it was abandoned at first sight. I wouldn't want Ashton knowing I lived here.

To: Ashton :p

Umm, could I meet you somewhere? I'll probably be at the mall until we go, so I could just meet you

I quickly send the text and stuff my phone in my pocket. I hope the lie was believable, I don't want him anywhere near this place, and it disgusts me. I quickly go down the hall and into my room, locking the door behind me. My brother, Richard, would be gone until tomorrow, he's been working the late shifts at his work to help pay for the electricity and water bills lately, something I'm very grateful that he does, because I'm so focused on school.

My phone buzzes and I pick it up, checking my new message.

From: Ashton :p

You could come by my house then, and then we can go in my truck :) The address is 1782 Larenburg Dr.

I get a new change of clothes, a pair of gray skinny jeans, a black tank top and a beanie. I turn on the water and step into the shower. I shiver slightly at how cold the water is. I quickly wash my body and hair before getting out of the shower, I still have about thirty minutes before I have to leave, it took me thirty minutes to get home from school, and once I got my clothes together and took my shower, it's already four, and I should leave around four thirty to get to Ashton's house by five.

I'm not too big on make-up. I usually just put on eye shadow, lipstick and mascara. I'm not overly confident, I feel like I need more make-up but I don't like spending the time to put it all on, it seems like a waste of time when you're just going to rub it off at the end of the day.

The door at the front of the house slams shut and I hear something fall over, obviously my dad is home now. I pull on my converse and push my phone into my back pocket. I walk down the hallway, cringing when I see my father passed out on the couch with a whiskey bottle in his hands. I pick up a couple of bottles that are littered around the house and put them in the trash. 

My dad sits up on the couch and looks over at me. He takes another swig of his whiskey and smirks at me. "Why don't you run into the kitchen and get me another bottle of whiskey, I'd appreciate it baby." I shake my head and begin walking away when he stands up. "You’re a worthless piece of crap! You don't do anything for me anymore!" He throws the bottle at me and it hits the side of my head, leaving a cut right above my temple.