Chapter 03: It's My Fault

I didn't know dealing with a really bad fever was painful.

It was literally crushing my brain, freezing my body, and destroying my senses. It was taking away all my strength. I even felt like I couldn't hold on to Imayoshi-senpai any longer. And it seemed like he knew that because he stopped, set me down for the shortest while, then immediately carried me bridal style.

"Hang on. We're almost there," he cooed, glancing at me worriedly. He was panting. His chest was harshly rising up and down through heavy breathing as he continued making quick, long strides towards our house which was already three blocks away.

He immediately opened the gate then ran towards the porch, impatiently knocking on our front door for a dozen times.

"Are your parents home?" he asked, then knocked impatiently again.

I pondered. My Mom should be. But it had been minutes and nobody was still answering. So I slowly slipped my hand inside my pocket to get my key, giving it to Imayoshi-senpai after. "H-Here."

He opened the door then rushed inside, closing it again using his foot. He went upstairs to my bedroom and gently set me down to my bed, pulling the covers up to my chest.

"How are you feeling?" he asked worriedly, loosening up his tie.

"M-My head is breaking," I answered, still shivering.

"I'll get you some medicine. I'll be back immediately."

"O-Okay."

He was gone in an instant and I was left alone. I turned to my right then closed my eyes, whimpering in pain and shuddering from the cold.

I didn't know but for some reason, I didn't want Imayoshi-senpai to go. I wanted him to be here by my side...

Just like how he'd always been.

***

"Aya. Aya..."

A gentle tug on my shoulder woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw Imayoshi-senpai holding a glass of water and some tablets on the other. He guided me up and handed me the tablets. After swallowing them all, I drank a few gulps of water.

I grimaced in utter disgust. "Bitter."

"If you don't want to eat bitter medicines, then stop getting sick," he preached, placing the glass of water down to the bedside table. He handed me a change of clothes after. "Can you manage on your own?"

"I-I think I can." I removed his blazer which was still wrapped on me then tried unbuttoning my uniform coat, but my trembling fingers didn't have enough strength. I groaned, leaning my back against the headboard. "I'll just change later."

I gasped when his long fingers jerked over the buttons of my blazer, swiftly undoing them one by one. I felt like burning, not because of my fever but because of embarrassment and awkwardness. So before my face could produce real live flames, I immediately held his hands down.

He stopped then glanced at me, opening his eyes. He stared at me for a moment before releasing a heavy sigh. "It's not like I've never seen you naked before."

"We were still in Elementary back then. It's different now," I retorted with force.

He smirked, as if thinking about something mischievous. "It's no different now. It's not like you've grown some mountains there."

I dropped my jaw with what I heard as my eyes instantly landed on my chest. Realizing that he was right, I grunted in annoyance then turned to him again with a glare. "So what? You're like Daiki-kun now? Jeez. Perverts..."