Chapter 07: Taste Of Jealousy

Hey, everyone. :)
I'm still alive lol sorry for disappearing for soooooo long.

Is anybody still reading this, though?
I plan on continuing this along with my Aomine Daiki fanfic so yeah, expect updates from now on. 🤍

——————————

"You're already falling for me."

Imayoshi-senpai's words kept ringing in my ears, making me toss around in my bed.

I couldn't sleep at all. Again.

I couldn't exactly count the times I lost sleep because of him. Ever since he confessed to me, I started having a hard time falling asleep at night. Maybe it was because he would occupy my mind whenever I was alone.

Tonight, however, was worse. My heart would beat like crazy at the mere thought of him, and I knew why I was feeling this way.

I just knew.

Earlier during dinner I could feel his stare on me all the while. He ate with us because my mother had invited him. I tried my hardest to stay focused on my food, or the conversation we were having with my family, but it was hard not to meet his gaze when he was sitting across from me. Whenever our eyes met, heat would instantly crawl up to my cheeks and I could feel the loud beating of my heart.

It's as if I was suddenly being made aware that he was a fine man.

His handsome features, his midnight black hair, his tall build, and even the polite smile he would give to my parents whenever they talked to him.

I couldn't help but notice all these things.

Unable to take it anymore, I excused myself then ran straight to my room, ignoring the surprised look on my parents' faces.

I just couldn't bear seeing Imayoshi-senpai in front of me anymore. I couldn't believe I was starting to feel this way towards someone who was supposed to be just a friend and a brother to me.

I couldn't believe I was falling for Imayoshi Shouichi.

***

The next morning, I had my dad drive me to school.

Aside from the fact that I was trying to avoid running into Imayoshi-senpai first thing in the morning, the lack of sleep was also getting into me and I wasn't in the mood to take the morning walk to school.

"Do you and Imayoshi-kun have a fight?" My father glanced at me through the rearview mirror, giving me a curious look.

Honestly, that took me by surprise. But they must've came up with this conclusion after I suddenly left them in the middle of dinner last night. "No, Dad. We just had a little disagreement over something, that's all."

"I see. Well, fights like that are normal between friends."

I nodded my head. I couldn't tell him the truth. "Yeah. I guess."

"Your mom and I are just worried. After all this is the first time we've seen you two act that way towards each other."

"You both worry too much, Dad. Everything's fine."

He chuckled softly. "You're right. We just noticed how Imayoshi-kun always looks at you with sad eyes. So we thought there's a serious problem."

I didn't respond to that, I didn't know how. I stared at the view outside my window instead, looking at the busy people we passed by, wondering if what's happening to me had happened to them as well.

Sighing quietly, I closed my eyes. The dilemma I was stuck in was giving me so many conflicting feelings.

The guilt I was feeling for falling in love with someone else while in a relationship with Sakurai Ryo was slowly killing me from the insides.