19

"Thank you," Emily and Luciana said as they held the papers to their hearts, letting sobs escape their lips.

"You have no idea," Mitch and Miguel told Julie.

Julie smiled. "I write music in the same room that he did and the same place I think she wrote that song, and I can tell you that it's a magical, happy place." The four adults chuckled.

"That's nice to know," Mitch and Miguel said.

"I know he was only 17 when he -- but he lived doing the one thing he was born to do. Not many people find that, but Luke did. He was so lucky."

Luke and Odette poofed away.

Julie smiled. "It was so nice to meet you."

"It was nice to meet you, too," Mitch replied.

Julie left the house and looked for Luke and Odette, but they were gone.

OUTSIDE JULIE'S HOUSE - NIGHT

"Hey," Julie greeted.

"Hey," Luke replied.

"I'm sorry for overstepping."

Luke moved from the pillar and closer to Julie. "No, I... I just had to leave."

Odette nodded as she moved to stand next to Luke. "I did too."

"That was..." Luke and Odette trailed.

"You two don't have to say anything," Julie told them.

"Yeah, we do. I do," Luke said. "I don't know if he has anything to explain, but I do. Uh... I didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents. Especially my mom, so... thank you."

"You two helped me feel more connected to my mom, so... I wanted to do the same thing for you two."

Julie and Luke tried to hold hands, but hers went through his.

Luke let out a sigh. "This is an interesting little relationship you and I have."

Julie chuckled lightly. "Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to tell you two. Flynn said the video that my dad made is trending on YouTube." Luke and Odette stared at her, confused. "That's a good thing. That means people love our music. We'll definitely be getting calls from managers now."

"There's something Odette and I have to tell you."

"Oh... Okay."

"We figured out that we have unfinished business," Odette explained. "That's why we came back as ghosts."

"Oh. What is it?"

"We have to play the show we never got to play," Luke answered.

"At the Orpheum; that makes sense," Julie said as Luke and Odette were jolted back.

Luke and Odette yelled in pain and Odette groaned before saying, "Julie, we don't have a lot of time. You gotta help us."

Julie frowned. "What was that? Are you two okay?"

"We did something we shouldn't have," Luke replied. "The night that we missed the dance, we met this ghost and he put a curse on us."

Odette nodded and clumsily stood. "And if we don't do what he says, the jolt will destroy us. For good."

"Well then you gotta do what he says!" Julie exclaimed. "What does he want?"

Odette and Luke shared a look before the latter said, "He wants us to be in his house band for eternity. But if we can play the Orpheum soon, then we can avoid all of that and actually cross over."