Chapter 8 - Shinmon Benimaru (E)

Company 7's Guardhouse - Normal POV

Beni enters the guardhouse with (Y/N), pushing aside the Noren curtains and leading her deeper inside. (Y/N) holds onto his kimono as he leads her to the guest room, with Konro following closely behind carrying her duffle bag. Beni guides (Y/N) into the guest room as Konro enters and sets down the duffle bag. The futon was already set out as Beni placed (Y/N) on it, stepped back, and Konro kneeled in front of her.

"Are you alright, Oku-San?" Konro looked worried as (Y/N) smiled through dried tears streaking her skin.

"I'm fine now, Konro-San"

(Y/N)'s POV

I smiled at Konro-San and bowed to Captain Shinmon.

"Thank you, Captain Shinmon. For your help." As I looked at Captain Shinmon, I heard him groan and noticed that he appeared annoyed.

"It sounds weird, having my wife calling me Captain Shinmon." I could feel my face getting warm as Captain Shinmon whispered something under his breath.

"Oh, sorry." I quickly apologised. "Should I call you Benimaru or Beni?"

"Beni's fine or Benimaru. It doesn't matter."

"Well, Beni, it is then!" I grinned at him as he exhaled and left the room.

"I think he liked it." I nodded with a smile on my face, and Konro-San happily replied. "Would like a tour of the Guardhouse, Oku-San?"

"Yes Please!" "I responded as I rose from the futon, and Konro-San showed me the way."

A while later

Konro-San kindly showed me around the guardhouse of Company 7 as I really liked the structure, and I felt more at home than anything. But I had a lingering question on my mind.

"Konro-San?" As the older man turned around and faced me, I spoke up.

"Yes, Oku-San?"

"Do I get my own room or sleep in the guest room?" I felt uneasy when I saw the smile on Konro-San's face.

"Oh, about that," Konro-San's smile got even more prominent. "You sleep in Waka's room!"

WHAT....! ME SLEEP IN BENI'S ROOM!!!

"Me and Beni... Sleep in the... Same room..." As Konro-San smiled and left the room, I muttered under my breath as I felt the heat rush to my face. With no other choice, I started unpacking my stuff from the duffle bag and placing them in their respective positions. As I settled in, I looked around the room and observed its structure while my thoughts wandered towards tonight's sleeping arrangements.

Beni may have an extra futon for me to sleep in!

Happily, I check the closet where the futons are stored and find only one which appears spacious enough for two people.

Aw, man! There's no escaping this...

The sudden sound of a bell ringing jolts me out of my thoughts. I hear other firefighters running and shouting excitedly as I rush to open the shoji doors to see what is happening.

"Ah, Man! There's an infernal, and the Waka is gonna take it out!" One of the soldiers exclaimed as my eyes widened.

An Infernal... in Asakusa...?

"We need a good festival," As I stepped out of the room, the other soldiers replied quite cheerfully for my comfort. I followed them outside to find Beni waving his matoi, as he had done in the rookie games. I was captivated by his graceful movements.

"Has Waka managed to impress you, Oku-San?" I jumped at the sound of the voice as I spun around to see Konro-San smiling down at me

"Has Waka managed to impress you, Oku-San?" I jumped at the sound of the voice as I spun around to see Konro-San smiling down at me. I felt my face heat up.

"H-he's movements are really graceful, that's all!" I was struggling to speak fluently while internally berating myself.

"Look at my little girl, getting all shy!" I immediately recognized the manly voice. I grinned as I looked past Konro-San to see my father smiling at me alongside the rest of Company 8.

"Shut up, old man!" As I ran towards him with open arms, my father tightly embraced me with a smile on his face."Hey guys!" I greeted Company 8, and they smiled back.