Chapter 2: Tokyo Public Safety Academy (E)

A few days later -Normal POV

The wedding proceeded without issues, while Company 8 completed their final patrol before heading to The Public Safety Police Academy.

Tokyo Public Safety Police Academy - (Y/N)'s POV

We arrived at the academy without any problems after getting off the Matchbox. Everyone, including me, was dressed in the Fire Force uniform. However, I had chosen to wear my formal attire due to my father's insistence.

 However, I had chosen to wear my formal attire due to my father's insistence

(AN: This is what your uniform looks like)

I don't believe in any sun god, so I don't care what others think about me. I do what I want to do without worrying about other people's opinions.

As I roamed around, lost in my thoughts, my mind drifted to the Special Fire Force Company 7 and their captain, who also happens to be my husband.

Would they be here? Would I meet Shinmon? What about his right-hand man, Konro-San?

I was startled when my father's burly hand landed on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to face him, seeing the concern etched on his face.

"You OK, kiddo?" My father asks me if everything is OK, as I force a smile and nod my head in response.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I looked around, wondering where the rest of the squad went. "Where is everyone else?"

"They've gone to the hall to welcome the new cadets and the fire soldiers." My father wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked together. "You know you have to give the speech today." I sighed in annoyance as I looked at my father.

"Seriously, old man. You need to make these speeches yourself." Despite repeatedly explaining this point to him, I kept receiving the same old answer.

"You know I suck at making speeches." was his answer. "This is why it's you or the Lieutenant." I gave my father a wry smile as we parted in the hall.

Public Safety Police hall

I sat down beside Shinra Kusokabe, and we fist-bumped. As we faced forward, I noticed several men in academy uniforms and a brooding guy with brown hair stepping onto the stage. He began tapping on the microphone.

"My name is Hyogo Kaga, Public Safety Captain. We'll be instructing you while we perform our everyday duties as officers. We can't afford to waste our time on you spoiled brats. If you have no potential, we will drop you. That is all." 

He had an overwhelming presence that left more than half of the hall in deathly silence. But the absent fire soldiers were fine. They can brought up to speed at a later date.

After Kaga exits the stage, the man with glasses takes his place.

"I'm Ishigami, Captain as well. This school will produce excellent officers. I want you all to aim to create a force that can combat terrorism and foreign crime. As most of you have noticed, we have guests at this academy. They are fire soldiers who will be working closely with us. We will support their cause as they will do for us." After Ishigami's speech, another suited man goes next.