Chapter 5: Rookie Fire Soldier Games PRT 2 (E)

(Y/N)'s POV

As the other rookies ran towards the poorly constructed building, I stood there calmly. With a flick of my wrist, my right eye began to glow and I activated my ignition powers. A fiery platform formed beneath my feet as I leapt into the air, with Shinra following closely behind.

I couldn't help but chuckle as Shinra, and I soared through the sky, leaving the other soldiers in our dust.

"I think we left Arthur behind," I shouted as Shinra shrugged.

"The so-called Knight King can use his brain for once," "I chuckled again as Shinra mumbled."

"Let's just hope he does," I chuckled at the reply. Then, Shinra and I landed on the balcony before we entered the building. We decided to split our ways and go in opposite directions.

Something caught my attention as I looked around for the supposed survivors - nobody was there. It seemed strange that there was no one to be found.

How is that even possible? Indeed, they must have scattered around this obstacle course... unless...

Without knowing why, I turned around and began following a path of white fire left behind by Shinra.

Although I wasn't sure where the fire originated, my intuition told me I needed to follow it. So, I continued until I reached a room where I felt the presence of not only Shinra but someone else. This made me uneasy.

"And why would you go out of your way to tell me?" I overheard Shinra's angry voice while hiding in the shadows. "What are you after? Why did you come here?"

"I glad to see I've finally secured your undivided attention." As Shinra finished speaking, I deeply sniffed the air and heard a deep voice say.

Smoke? Is this intruder smoking? Inside the obstacle course?

"You show promise, and I'd hate it to go to waste."

As I continued to listen to the nonsensical talk, I grew increasingly concerned about Shinra's well-being. According to my father, Shinra had already lost his entire family when his home burned down without warning. Now, Company 8 had become his new family.

"If you wanna know what happened, you must quit playing the hero with your Fire Soldier buddies and come be a devil with me."

"That's my choice, hero or devil?" I desperately prayed that Shinra would choose to be the hero he deserved to be rather than the devil the world portrayed him as.

Please be the hero, Shinra!

I caught a glimpse of Shinra activating his ignition ability and pointing at the mysterious figure.

"Screw you!" I maintained a smile as I kept watching., "I don't care who you are or what you know; you still assaulted 2 Fire Soldiers. So I'm gonna bring you in after I kick your ass!" Shinra declares his attack as the mysterious figure stands with a dull expression.

"Well, you're no fun. And I had such high hopes."

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I rushed into the room and leapt, my feet firmly landing on the man's face and knocking him a few feet away from Shinra and me.