Chapter 9 - The Mightest Hikeshi's (E)

Normal POV

As Company 8 gathers in Asakusa, Beni stands at the centre, his matoi spinning gracefully over his head. The symbol of strength and unity among the firefighters. With each rotation, Beni's movements become more fluid and effortless.

"He loves a good festival, so let's start!" With a loud exclamation, Beni grips his matoi tightly and puts all his strength into the throw. As the weapon hurtles through the air, it ignites a blaze of fire. With a resounding crash, it strikes the building, shattering windows and tearing through the walls, causing a chain reaction of destruction that engulfs multiple buildings.

 With a resounding crash, it strikes the building, shattering windows and tearing through the walls, causing a chain reaction of destruction that engulfs multiple buildings

"Well, what do you know? They take out infernals like they do in Hokkaido!" (Y/N) exclaimed with happiness and nostalgia as the scene unfolded before her.

"Oh, you're from Hokkaido, Oku-San?" Konro asks if the answer is yes, and the person nods excitedly in agreement.

"Yup!"

"(Y/N)! C'mere!"Beni signals for (Y/N) to approach him and she complies. He holds a matoi in one hand and wraps the other around her waist. "You're coming with me" With a loud thud, Beni slams his matoi onto the ground, causing it to erupt into flames. As the end of the weapon catches fire, he deftly rotates it, creating a powerful blast that sends both him and (Y/N) soaring into the air. The intense heat from the flames engulfs them both, making it difficult to see anything beyond the bright orange glow.

"There you are, you old fart!" As Beni and (Y/N) boldly move towards the infernal, its attention is drawn towards them. Suddenly, Beni shouts, causing the infernal to look up and take notice of their approach.

"WAKA!" the other Hikeshi cheers as they throw their matoi into the air as the ends catch fire, going in the direction of the infernal. 

"(Y/N), you can let go now," Barely audible, Beni whispers to (Y/N) and she nods in response. With a wave of her hand, (Y/N) creates a fiery platform beneath her feet as Beni tosses his matoi towards the infernal. The rest of the group swiftly follows suit, and (Y/N) watches in awe as her husband boldly stands before the infernal, his bravery shining through in the face of danger. She can't help but feel a sense of admiration and pride for him.

Damn, he's very sexy... WAIT WHAT?!

"Look at this, Kantaro! The whole town is in shambles!"Beni declares, spreading his arms wide. "You're too old to be raisin' this kind of hell, and you know it." In response to Beni's words, there were infernal roars. I fixed the capitalization of the first letter of the sentence and added a period at the end to make it a complete sentence.

As Y/N watches, Beni calmly walks towards the infernal.

"That being said, you always did enjoy making a scene, right?"He strikes the core of the infernal and lays it to rest. "Way to hang in there, friend." 

(Y/N) wipes a stray tear away as the scene brings her right back to Hokkaido

(Y/N) wipes a stray tear away as the scene brings her right back to Hokkaido. She falls to the ground and rushes to Beni, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"That was a beautiful way to put him to rest," (Y/N) whispers as Beni turns to face his wife, gazing deeply into her vibrant eyes.

"You think that was beautiful?" Beni appears confused while (Y/N) nods solemnly, indicating that something is not right.

"Yeah... I used to do the same in Hokkaido. For me, this is normal." (Y/N) flashed a bright smile, pushing away harsh memories of Hokkaido. 

"Konro mentioned you are a proto-nationalist," Beni mumbles as he holds his chin between his thumb and index fingers.

"That I'm proudly am!" With a beaming expression, (Y/N) exclaims joyfully as Beni flashes her a faint smile.

A little while later 

(Y/N) and Beni headed back to the guardhouse. Once they arrived, Beni sat at the entrance and patted the space beside him, inviting (Y/N) to sit down. They both enjoyed a daifuku, with Beni offering one to (Y/N) and keeping one for himself.

"Eat. You're gonna need it," As (Y/N) smiles at him, Beni speaks plainly.

"Thanks," As Y/N takes a bite of the sweet, she hums delightfully. "These are divine," (Y/N) eagerly grabs the treat from Beni's hand, savouring the sweet aroma wafting from the pastry. She takes a big bite, relishing the soft and chewy texture as it melts in her mouth. Without hesitation, she reaches out for another one while Beni quietly chews on his daifuku before speaking.

"It's too sweet."

"Yeah, for you!"

As the sun began to set, casting a warm orange glow across the town, (Y/N), Beni, and Konro made their way to the guardhouse. Upon arrival, they found the leader issuing orders to his men for the repairs needed throughout the town. The sound of hammers and saws echoed in the distance as the group stood there, observing the scene before them.

"Let's get these repairs started quickly," Beni gives orders to his men, who stand at attention.

"Right!"

"If I destroyed your house during Kantaro's send-off, you're welcome to stay at the guardhouse." Beni offers as he continues. "We'll look after you until it's been fixed. I don't think it'll take too long."

"Beni. What should I do to help?" Beni paused for a moment, considering (Y/N)'s question. She was eager to be of help, and he appreciated her willingness to assist. As he turned to look at Konro, his mind raced through the tasks that needed to be completed. Finally, he turned back to (Y/N), a thoughtful expression on his face, and began to speak.

"I want you and Konro on cooking duty and help the women and children," Beni orders as (Y/N) and Konro nod.

"Sure thing! Oh! One more thing, Beni!" Y/N takes hold of Beni's hand and gazes directly into his distinct eyes. "Why don't we get my old man and the rest of the 8th to help out with the repairs. It'll help speed things along." (Y/N) makes an offer, hoping that he would accept it.

"No." Beni flat-out refuses. "This is Asakusa's business."

"But Beni! I can vouch for the 8th. They're not bad people! Help me out, Konro-san!" (Y/N) exclaims as she turns to Konro-san, who is troubled as he looks at Beni.

"Come on, Waka. I think Oku-San has a point." Konro tries to appeal to his friend, but knowing how stubborn Beni gets.

"No means no, Konro." (Y/N) gazes at Beni with hopeful eyes, gently gripping his hand. Beni's face contorts with hesitation as he steps back and shakes his head. Disappointed, (Y/N) lets go of his hand and turns to walk away, her shoulders slumped in defeat. Konro stands nearby, silently observing the interaction with a concerned expression.

"What?"

"Real smooth, Waka. Real smooth." Konro left Beni, the leader of Asakusa, who needed clarification.

(Y/N)'s POV

He is the most stubborn and unreasonable man I have ever met, but he is also handsome. It frustrates me to no end! What's wrong with the 8th helping out with repairs? Did he expect me to abandon the 8th and follow the 7th's rules? Not that I mind, but I'm still a member of the 8th!

I was angry and stormed off to complete my duties. However, as I arrived, I saw that the 8th was already helping with the repairs. In the commotion, I noticed a bra falling from the half-naked floozy, screaming in embarrassment.

"What do I deal with?"I spoke aloud to no one in particular when I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. As I turned, my anger vanished and was replaced by a smile when I saw Konro-San.

"Don't mind what Waka said, Oku-San. He means well." Poor Konro-San attempted to explain that I no longer felt anger towards my dense husband.

"I know Konro-San. It's real sweet of you to tell me that." Konro-San smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"Shall we get on with our duties?" Konro-San points out as I nod.

"Yeah, let's."