Chapter 6

"You did good on your barrel run!" said Hope

"Thanks." Rubie said back "You wanna go to the concession and get somethin to eat? I'm starvin!"

"Me too! Let's go!" Hope said

So the two girls were walkin to the concession stand from Rubies trailer. Rubie wasn't goin to admit it, but she was hopin Lane would be there. And that his girlfriend, Kacee, wouldn't be. Hope was hoping too. Rubie had been talkin about a cowboy named Lane and his friend Dalton Dougherty. She wanted to meet both Lane and Dalton.

"Hey Rubie!" Hope heard from behind.

"Hey Dalton!" Rubie replied. After hearing his name Hope spun around and saw him.

"Whoa." Hope whispered to Rubie in amazement.

"I know right!" She whispered back

"Who's your friend?" Dalton asked

"Her name is Hope Osborn, she's my friend from school." Rubie answered. and before she knew it, she felt someone's arms wrap around her from behind. She quickly spun around in his arms and saw Lane.

"Hey!" He said with excitement in his voice "I'm so glad to see you!"

"Hey Lane! I'm glad to see you too!" Rubie said happily.

"Ahem." Hope sighed tryin to get Rubies attention

"Oh! Lane, this is my friend Hope Osborn, she goes to Coleman too."

"Hey Hope! I'm Lane." he said sticking out his hand.

"Hi." Hope said bashfully, wondering why cute boys like Dalton and Lane didn't go to her school.

"We were about to head to the concession stand." Rubie said

"Us too. Lets all go." Dalton said

"Ok." Rubie replied. While they walked the rest of the way, Rubie was hoping Kacee wouldn't be there. She guessed Hope could see the look on her face.

"So, Lane, you have a girlfriend huh?" Hope asked

"Ya, sorta, I guess." he replied shyly

"Yeah he does, but he deserves better. Way better. She's quite a, well.... you know what I mean." Dalton said quickly.

"Huh. Is she here today?" Hope asked

"No. She didn't make it." he said. Hope looked at Rubie when he said that. Rubie had a look of relief in her face.

"So, are yall stayin for tonight?" asked Dalton

"For what?" asked Hope

"Caine is havin a bonfire at his trailer tonight." Answered Dalton

"Oh yeah I forgot!" Rubie said automatically "We are goin if Hope wants to come. Do you Hope?" Rubie spotted Dalton staring at Hope with a certain look in his eyes... but Rubie decided she wouldn't say anything.

"Yeah! I wanna go!" Hope said

"Sweet!" Lane said excitedly

The kids walked up to the concession and got their food.

"Well, we'd better go." Dalton said

"Ok see yall later." Hope said

"See you tonight actually!" Lane said jokingly