Chapter 3

I've had my bags packed for the first 2-day rodeo for about a week now and the first one has finally come! I'm so excited! We've just loaded our horses and we're headed out!

***Skipping Drive***

As soon as we got to the arena I saddled up my barrel horse, and went to go warm up while my mom and dad entered me up. When I was warming up I saw ALOT of cute Cowboys, but there was one in particular. But of course, I didn't know his name, but I did catch him lookin at me a couple times.

***After Warm Up***

"Now remember Rubie, keep extra pocket on your first barrel." my mom said

"I will."

"And, make him finish the third barrel this time." she said m
"I will mom, don't worry I know what I'm doing!" I said

"Okay, okay, but Rubie!"

"Yes mom?"

"Be sure to have fun!" My mom said before she ran down the alley way to watch my run.

***After Barrel Run***

I just ran a 17! So far for today, it is the 4th fastest time! I'm so proud of my barrel horse! After I ran I went to get some lunch and set in the bleachers. when I did it was in the team ropin. I saw the boy who was lookin at me. His name was Lane Pittsburgh. Heelin for Dalton Dougherty, who also was very cute.

***After Team Ropin***

"Hey." Said Lane
He just walked up to me after ropin.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"Rubie is your name, right?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Well, you did a good job on your barrel run."

"Thank you. You did a good job ropin."

We talked for a little while and I started likin Lane more and more. I learned he was a heeler and a bull rider. But also, I noticed how perfect he was... his blonde hair and blue eyes were very handsome. His smile was absolutely gorgeous. But once we started talkin awhile, another girl walked up.

"Who is she?!" She asked angrily

"She's my friend." Lane said

"Well, remember me?! Your GIRLfriend?!" She said

"Yes Kacee." he said like he was a kicked dog or something. I already don't like this girl and I just learned her name. He doesn't deserve bein treated like that.

"Well let's go. You said we were gonna try and spend some time with each other." Kacee said

"Alright, see you around Rubie!" He said hopefully

"Yeah ok, see you around." I said hopefully.