3 - 𝙢𝙤𝙠𝙠𝙚

🧡
Y/N's POV

'mokke? is this another rumour going around?' i thought to myself as i heard some girls talking.

"what's with all the rumours going around school nowadays? 7 wonders?" i mumble to myself.

after hanako, i have no doubt that these rumours are true. i'm just hoping that i don't encounter anymore, hanako is bad enough! it has been 3 days since i've met hanako, and everyday after school i clean the washroom for 2-3 hours.

i was very tired, and sleep deprived, but i didn't want to let hanako down. he was my first friend, and i don't know the first thing about being a friend. all i knew was i wanted to be loyal, funny and i wanted to help him if he was down by cheering him up.

however, this was way harder than i imagined. i found myself getting either flustered, emotional or annoyed with hanako, i found myself yelling at him quite a bit, either that or i would silently curse him.

i don't know if i'm being a good friend, but i still have emotions! i try to be patient with hanako but he really gets on my nerves sometimes!

well, nothing i can do about it. i signed myself up for this, after all.

Third Person POV

after the bell rang, Y/N had her break period. she had decided to just walk around and admire how beautiful the school was.

walking into the old building, on the 3rd floor, y/n noticed something in the corner of her eye. it looked like some kind of tiny, pink bunny. confused, y/n walked over to it without a second thought.

'curiosity killed the cat'

as y/n got closer, she let her defenses down a bit, sighing. it was only a plush, nothing to worry about. still, it was strange for it to be in the abandoned school building. 

y/n picked it up, examining it all-around. suddenly, the bunny 'plush' broke into a soft, sweet smile. gasping, y/n dropped it on the floor, stepping back. 

"want some candy??" the creature asked. "c-candy..??" y/n repeated, trying to wrap her mind around whatever it is this creature was. then--it clicked.

"y-you're a mokke, aren't you..?" y/n asked, pointing at the small creature on the cold wooden floor. "want some candy?" the 'mokke' repeated, confirming y/n's accusations. 'the rumor's about these spirits, not included as one of the 7 wonders but rather a spirit at the school for some unknown reason..what was the thing i was supposed to stay away from again?' y/n thought to herself, trying to remember what the rumors were and how to avoid death.

y/n decided to take the candy from the mokke, thinking that was the only way to avoid it...boy was she wrong. the rumor said never to take the candy from the mokke, as doing so would be the same as allowing the mokke to kill you.

as y/n bent down, reaching out to grab the candy, suddenly someone yelled.

"STOP!" a voice y/n did not recognize yelled. 'huh?' y/n's hand pulled away from the mokke, who looked angry. standing up, y/n faced towards a boy, her age, with blonde hair and really, pretty blue eyes.

he was tall for his age, which y/n noticed immediately as he started walking slowly too her. "w-who are you?!" y/n shouted, taking a step back. to y/n's surprise, the boy started chuckling quietly. "haven't you listened to the rumors?" the boy asked, suddenly right up close to y/n, looking down on her.(or up if you're tall!!)

grabbing her chin, he smiled sweetly. y/n was really confused by what he meant. why was he touching her?! "AH! YOU'RE TOO CLOSE DUDE, TOO CLOSE!" y/n shouted, pushing him back before looking back at him. 

he smiled, rubbing the back of his head. "sorry! i wasn't really..thinking." "who are you anyways, and what did you mean by 'the rumors?'" y/n asked, crossing her arms, looking away. "oh right! i am teru minamoto! nice to meet you." he said, sticking his hand out for her to shake.

"teru? hm, never heard of you before. are you a first year?" y/n asked, loosening up a bit to him. something about him seemed, oddly comforting. she looked back at him and shook his hand, staring into his eyes.

"really? we're in most of our classes together..." he mumbled, breaking eye contact with her. "oh well, can't be help. yes, i am a first year, and by 'rumors', i am talking about that spirit over there!" teru said, turning back an pointing at the mokke smiling innocently at them.

"if you took it's candy, it would have killed you! you should be thanking me, but don't worry no need!" he said, looking back at her and smiling. 'wow, this guy is really..full of himself. well, he did save me, i should be grateful.' 

y/n smiled at him, gave him a quick thanks and then walked back to class. about 3 minutes into walking, teru caught up with her. "do you need something? i already thanked you, what now?" y/n asked, annoyed. 

"huh? oh no, it's just our next class--we have it together, so i figured i'd walk with you!" teru told her, smiling. she sighed, looking away from him at the floor. "nothing i can do about it if we're going the same way." she said, truth be told she was sort of..glad? she usually walked alone but it got really, really lonely at times.

"yep!" teru replied as they continued walking. it was a 5 minute walk back to class, and they had a small talk about the 7 wonders and the spirits in the school. y/n found terus presence really comforting, and by the end of the 5 minutes she had made herself a new friend!

at the end of the day, y/n said goodbye to teru before walking to the washroom to see hanako. however, hanako..wasn't there? confused, y/n looked around the whole school but in the end got kicked out by the teacher Tsuchigomori.

sighing, y/n walked back to her house. she was really looking forward to telling hanako about her new friend! she should be glad though, she got out of cleaning washrooms for the next few hours, so that was a plus.

'where could hanako be?'

WORD COUNT: 1034

A/N: sorry, there wasn't any hanako in this chapter! i'm trying to work on y/n's character devolpment, and i don't want to follow the exact story of the present tbhk(with yashiro) since this takes place before she went to this school! y/n is infact a second year, by the way!

let me know what you thought of this chapter! anyways, until next time! sayonara! <3