8- 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚𝙨

///////////////

it is often safer to be in chains than be free.

🍃
🍃
🍃

y/n pov

'okay, i got this.' i reminded myself for the sixth time this afternoon. earlier that day, i had found out i would be dying, and i even kissed hanako!

it was now the end of the day which had came way faster than i would have wished, and it was time for my daily labour session.

i didn't find it fair, spending my last evening cleaning toilets, but at least i got another chance to make more moved on hanako.

it surprised me, a lot. he actually kissed me back, and he enjoyed it too! maybe he did like me back. however, as i promised myself before, i would not find this out so i can die happily.

so i can die without regrets.

i started to tear up, that wasn't possible, of course i would still have regrets, like never getting to marry hanako—okay maybe marry is too much but not even date him.

he had taken my first kiss earlier today. i wonder if that was his first kiss too? i doubt it, i'm sure he was popular in school.

finally, i arrived at the library. i peaked my head in the doorway, and say hanako immediately talking to tsuchigomori, the teacher i had met awhile back, the 5th wonder.

"she even kissed me! twice! i'm seeing her again in a few minutes and i don't even know how to act—should i kiss her again? make a move?" he talked faster running out of breath, before looking up at the teacher.

i quickly hid my head from the doorway. crap. i shouldn't have heard that, damn it! "i-i really like her."

my body froze.

oh.

my ears rang like crazy, and my eyes starting tearing up. why had i kept listening? why hadn't i interrupted their conversation?

i just ruined the ONE THING i promised myself i WOULDNT find out before i died.  my back slammed against the wall, and my breathing became heavy, along with quiet hiccups.

i was never ready to die. i was telling myself as long as i fulfilled my promise, i could die happily. but now what? the promise was broken. i was dying for nothing now.

"y/n-chan!" hanako yelled, worriedly rushing over to me. "what's wrong??" he asked me, putting the back of his hand on my forehead.

i couldn't bare to see him, i wish i never took up the offer of becoming one of the seven wonders, then my death could have been right now, and i would never have to see anyone again.

not being able to form any words, i just hugged him. he looked taken aback for a second, before hugging me back. "y/n..are you okay?" he whispered into my ear.

right.
that's why i fell in love with him, he was making this harder.

he was so gentle, and caring. but he was also flirtatious. being with him was a huge roller coaster, and i loved every second of it.

not to say i wouldn't be able to see him once i became one of the seven wonders, but he wouldn't remember me. i doubt he would see me the same.

"amane-kun." i called him by his first name, making him gasp in shock. "y-y/n, how do you know my name?"

he stepped back a bit, breaking from the hug. all i could do was look at the ground shamefully.

"that's not important right now." i told him, wiping away my tears, before looking him into the eyes. "y/n-chan, you're scaring me..is something wrong?" he reached his hand out to grab my arm.

"amane-kun. i'm going to die soon." i smiled at him, tears still flowing from my eyes. i inhaled. "and- and once i die, you won't remember me."

he froze in place. tears started to form "what do you mean? what do you mean you're dying- no- no! we can save you i-" "hanako. listen to what she has to say." the 5th wonder grabbed his shoulder.

"thank you." i looked at the teacher and he only nodded. "amane- it's no use. there is no way to save me. but- there is something i want you to know." i smiled, and gripped his hand with both of mine.

"once i die, i am going to become one of the seven wonders. like you!" i told him, gripping his hand harder. "so please amane, please, remember me when that happens."

with tears now flooding his eyes, his mouth was agape. "i will always remember you, y/n. because- because i lov-" i cut him off, putting a finger to his lips.

"please don't take my line." i chuckled, and his eyes widened. removing my finger from his lips, i kissed him, i poured all my feelings into the kiss.

he grabbed my waist and pulled me in, deepening it. that was it. there were no "i love you" 's, this kiss was enough. i couldn't have asked for more.

"i have a gift for you...so you remember me." i pulled the rose quartz crystal out of my pocket, and put it in his hands.

i had snuck out of school during lunch, and used all my money to buy it. i then wrote my name on a piece of paper and glued it to the crystal.

"please amane, never take that paper off of the crystal. i doubt this will work, but there's a possibility." he nodded. "i understand." he then pulled me in for a hug.

"wait, there's one more thing." i pulled out my diary from my bag. in here were detailed descriptions i had written each day with hanako.

i handed it to him, with a faint smile on my face. "keep this somewhere safe, somewhere that you go often even when your memory of me is removed."

again, he just nodded. i pulled him in for one last kiss, before saying my last goodbyes. there were tears in his eyes and mine.

that was it.
i did everything i could,
and all i can do now
is hope it worked.

i just hope he knows,
how much
i love him.

WORD COUNT: 1050