~Rest~

He was going to miss her. There wasn't a good possibility that he was going to ever see her again. But he was happy that she could finally find her happiness, he might not be a part of it but he didn't really need to too know that she was ok, that she might forget him but he would never forget her. 

He wanted to forget her, so it could lessen the urge to be with her. But he couldn't and the worst part was that he was laying in a bed, told to relax and the only thing he could think of was her- Carmen Sandiego 

Hopefully he would be discharged from the hospital  the next morning and he could busy himself to try at least to obliviate her from his life. He knew it would be impossible, but it was better than doing nothing and getting reminded of the same girl over and over again. How she always made his heart skip a beat, and oh her beauty.

Just remembering her made him smile, but a deep part of him was still disappointed. It was his fault in the first place that he didn't act sooner when Carmen got caught by VILE, it was his fault that she was this close to committing something unforgettable in her life, and it was also his fault that he was in love with that beautiful woman. Tomorrow he will be back in his apartment like everything is normal and finally try to forget all that happened during the past week.  

His friend Liam was going to pick him up first thing tommorow morning, he figured that he was one of his closest friends and the closest to what he could call family, they both worked at the Opera as electricians and they were as close as to calling each other brothers.

Gray decided to live a civilian life. If he wanted to, he could have been on the run. But as much as it would have been fun, now there wasn't a reason to pursue a criminal carrier. Now there was nothing that drove him to descend into becoming a criminal. He was an orphan, a child who ran away and was surviving by himself and doing what any teenager his age would do to survive the cruel world, and when he was given an offer to get qualified into a criminal organization he took it, the only thing he needed was a roof above his head before he was old enough to move out of that career and live a simple life. But he never knew it was an ancient organization based upon nothing but pure evil and criminal master minds, he never knew that once you got into that mess you could never get out and now here he was almost glad that VILE gave him a fresh start erasing his memories.

                                                                           ~~~xxxxXxxxx ~~~

Graham groaned as the sunlight poured through the tiny room, his head atrociously flipping to the other side of the cold bed trying to block the light, which wasn't really that effective since he was already awoken.

 At last, he was going to finally go home and continue his normal routine instead of laying on a hospital bed all day. Of course, he will always be reminded by his friends to take things slow and resign from work for another week just so he was fully recovered, but unfortunately gray was a person who could rest for about a minute before he got bored and really just doing anything to kill time-whether it be fiddling with a knife or to sprint through Bondi beach. The point was that spending another week doing nothing and letting his brain get devoured by the thoughts of a certain Latina was not his prestigious way of killing time. 

He didn't want to get up but at the same time wanted too, well he had too but it was clearly visible that he wasn't a morning person. Fortunately, the damage that had been caused by the rod was limited and minimum. of course it was not at all an ordinary injury and some of the damage his right shoulder had taken would be permanently there as the doctor prescribed it. 

But he could walk perfectly fine..or well as close as he could get to walking fine right now. 

                                                                        ~~~xxxxXxxxx ~~~

The rain that had fallen in Buenos Aires, Argentina had nourished the heated environment, it was a perfect day to take certain kids out to feel the cool breeze. It was also a perfect day to have a nice picnic at the park and learn more about her mother.

It had been only a week since she moved into her mother's bungalow. Carmen was finally getting to know more about a part of herself that she never knew about. A part that wasn't the inner her or the outer her, it was both.  The only mystery she couldn't solve was that part of her, it was more puzzling than any puzzles she ever solved, but now she had finally solved it, she finally had found that lost piece of hers. Carmen was happy..but at the same time sad. Sad that the long, hard journey was over, sad that the family that she had paved together got separated. She missed them, all of them, and the moments they shared together. 

They had always been there. Some might have joined the little family later on in her life but it never made her feel less certain about those people. They were there when Carmen was in the darkest of times and they were there when they saw that smile, that smile that was mostly taken up by duty and passion. A passion she was committed too, a passion that may have haunted her childhood but when the realization came crashing down on her, she was ready to haunt that nightmare till it lasted and finally seek rest when it vanished. But the thing was that she didn't know what was rest, she had drove herself to that passion till she reached what she was looking for in her life and that was to finally stop VILE. Maybe it sounds strange, but when she was trying to stop VILE, getting closer to committing that dream, she felt like it was her way of getting rest, it was her way of getting peace and satisfaction. And now she had nothing to do, she had reached the final destination and now all she had to do was rest without having a care in the world except for her family, the children and herself. 

" It's a lovely day today isn't it?" the velvety voice soothed her overthinking wits. It was that effect that she was most curious about. How did she always do it? how did her mother always snap her out of any trance and the only thing she found was peace in her smile. 

" yes it is...the children hadn't gone out for a long time with the rain and all." The giggling and laughing was just something that put her in awe, she might not be a person who was able to laugh and really and truly know the meaning of joy but she would love nothing more then to help those innocent, beings find there joy.

" You love them don't you?" She chuckled a little as she saw her staring at the children, they were playing like there won't be any-other-day. Carmen didn't answer, because she knew that her mother had obtained that answer from the first day Carmen moved in. 

She looked around the beautiful clearing, with rich hues and a lively day engulfing her sight. Carmen was just about to get up and play with the children when she noticed a figure all too familiar.

" Gray?"

_ AUTHORS_

 EDITTING THIS CHAP WAS LIKE SO EASY I JUST HAD TO EDIT THE LAST FEW SENTENCES XDDD