𝐗𝐈𝐈

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

CHAPTER TWELVE

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

| Fashionably Late|

The Yule Ball
________________________________

TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR.

The Yule Ball.

Tonight was the night to forget about school and the problems going around the world. As stupid and irresponsible as that sounds, everyone was nothing but excited (maybe a little nervous) but mostly excited. Noel was pacing back and forth contemplating her life decisions.

"Whatever fuck it" she got up and chose the heels hoping that she could learn how to walk in them.

Trying on her heels she heard the door opening.

"Oh my God!"

"Noel!"

"Why aren't you changed yet!" All her friends yelled at the same time barging into the room already dressed up with their face still natural and hair still down.

"because we have two hours left?" Noel snickered

"Exactly! Nelly, we need to do your makeup, hair, and oh my God! Your outfit" Nicole screamed

"Ah- you don't have to worry about that one I got it under covered" Noel smiled pulling out the bright blue dress for her friends to see.

"My- my Noel you never disappoint me" Marlene gawked at the beautiful dress.

While the girls were doing their makeup in front of the mirror Noel waited on her bed reading a book humming along to the music playing on the record player scratching at some parts but to Noel, she found it rather pleasing. Looking at her friends all huddled up in front of the mirror she realized she didn't get ready yet.

"Ow!" Noel screeched accidentally after Lily poked Noel with a pin.

"Sorry" Lily apologized.

Chaotic.

What a chaotic mess they were in, with Nicole messing up her make-up for what seemed like the hundredth time, Alice zipping up her dress that was the wrong size, and now finding it out, Marlene starting to get stress throwing pins and shoes everywhere, not do mention that they were also already 10 minutes late.

"Oh my God we're gonna be late" Nicole panicked

"We're already late!" Marlene yelled.

"Okay! Okay! maybe we just need to calm down" Noel yelled after she got ready

"Calm Down! You're telling me to calm down !" Nicole screamed

"Just remember that if we mess up this year we have next year" Noel joked, knowing that whatever she said was not gonna help her friends.

Silence.

It was like that for a minute before bubbles of laughter filled the crowded room.

"This is ridiculous," Nicole said after a while "We're stressing about something as small as a prom" Nicole brought up the muggle term. They all laughed and looked at the mirror.

"I have no idea what we were stressing about, we look hot" Marlene chuckled

All the girls decided it was time to head to the ball after remembering they had dates waiting for them. On the way to the stairs of the main ballroom, Noel's dress got stuck.