one

You wake up feeling the cool air that still was bizarre to you. Reaching for your phone reading 5:14 am.  Shaky sigh leaving your throat. Mondays happened to be your favorite day of the week, new possibilities and activities await. You had moved to Quantico, Virginia officially four days ago. What a change in environment from Sunny Florida, you thought.

Today was your first day assisting in the kindergarten classroom, you earned your Bachelor's degree to become a teacher. The school you'd be working at just didn't have a classroom open for you. Finally, you were sucked out of your continuous thoughts to your alarm going off in your hand.

You showered the night before leaving your makeup, hair, and outfit left to complete. Humming to yourself making your bed while thinking of what could happen? Nothing right? This city seemed filled with busy businessmen and family-owned businesses, your life couldn't become too much different than back home.

When you walked to your closet you decided on a long black skirt with the smallest slit on the right-hand side along with this item you chose a bright flowered shirt to tuck in. You grabbed a simple black laced set for yourself and got changed.

Once you were dressed you decided to go light on your makeup: concealer, some powder, blush, mascara, nude lipstick and simple eyebrow gel. You always believed your natural features were too pretty to cover completely. You were never too insecure about that. After you finished your hair which always seemed to be a lion's mess, you decided to befriend your used up straightening iron. The cold weather wouldn't mess up your straight hair too much.

After what seemed like forever adjusting your appearance for your first day you checked your phone to see it was now 6:45 am just in time. you thought. There was a text message from your best friend back home. Part of you felt horrible for leaving them but you needed change.

Good luck y/n always proud of you. Stay safe and let me know how today goes!

I miss you! I will call later today if you're not busy. Stay safe.

Once you pressed sent you grabbed your side bag that carried your arts and crafts, wallet and more and headed out of your apartment. You decided since it was a bit chilly out, you'd treat yourself to some coffee at the local shop you eyed down when you arrived. The walk to the coffee shop wasn't more than 15 minutes.

_______________

Once you walked into the coffee shop, the warmth of the freshly baked sweet goods and brewing coffee, you felt comfortable. Adjusting your bag while you looked at the menu behind the worker, you settled on getting an iced coffee.

The bell rang announcing that someone walked in behind you in line. Curiously you looked back to see a tall handsome man. His hair was fluffy dark brown curls, his eyes settled on the book in his hands. The book was almost torn apart and in a different language. You raised a brow before going to order. You ordered your iced coffee and pastry quickly grabbing your wallet along with a small note pad and pen. You decided to make a simple move on a future friend.

I'll pay for the man behind me, what is left over is your tip. (:

The barista read your note wigging their brows at you before giving you a simple nod. "You got it." Once you heard that you hummed walking over to the empty two-seated wood table grabbing your journaling book.

"Hello there, Spencer your usual?" The barista asked happy to see the male behind you in line. The casual excitement must have made the quiet male smile.

"Yes please, my usual. hot black coffee." He confirmed which brought a smile to your face writing down in your journal waiting for your drink to be made.

"Seems like someone paid for your drink already Spencer." The barista told the tall male as he squinted his face in confusion. "The woman in front of me paid. How kind, I'll pick up for the next customer." He agreed grabbing his wallet paying anyways before stepping to the waiting area.

"Iced Coffee for y/n" called out by the working barista. Once you got up from your seat, taking the coffee from the bar and walked back you heard the males name.

"Hot black coffee for Spencer." which lead to some footsteps and an quiet thank you before he cleared his throat walking up to your empty seat.

"Is this seat taken?" Spencer asked causing you to finally look up to meet the fluffy brown hair stranger.