eight

She guided my hand out of the museum where out of habit i checked my watch. 9:32pm. Wow we were in the museum for a while. It seemed like we were in there for 20 minutes. Time never flies this quickly for me.

"Tell me Spencer, how do you feel about getting ice cream? I know it's chilly out but i think the most determining factor of a friendship is what their favorite ice cream flavor is." Y/n smiled wiggling her eyebrows at me, she was an interesting person. She didn't seem to be afraid to show her silly side.

I thought about her question while looking around gently slipping my thin hands into my front pant pockets. "Ice cream before dinner?" I asked squinting my hazel eyes looking at the in town large clock.

"Why not? Live a little Spencer. It's still early in the night, I know federal agents don't have fun time like this." She explained convincing me. "Let's go find the ice cream shop of your dreams."

The brightly colored orange ice cream shop on the corner of the street had little children running around while their parents placed their orders. "Alright lets see if our friendship will last!" Y/n smirked opening the door open for me to walk through.

"Good evening! Welcome to Violet's Ice Cream shop!" The elderly woman smiled behind the counter. "Good evening!" I heard the bubbly girl replied looking at the ice cream flavors.

"How lovely they have double chocolate chip ice cream! i'm totally getting that." Y/n smirked as I checked out the awfully colored ice cream tins. "Mint Chocolate chip. I like mine in a cone." I hummed seeing the girl almost freeze in her tracks.

"Tooth paste and chocolate, this is definitely why you're no longer my friend." She confirmed causing my heart to drop. My first friend and she dumped me.

The elder woman smiled seeing them behind the counter hummed opening the ice cream freezer in front of y/n. "What can I get you two love birds?" She asked as I heard y/n hum looking at the woman.

"Let me get a Double Chocolate chip in a cone cup please? also this tall man would like mint chocolate chip in a cone." She wiggled her brows reaching for her bag.

I quickly reached in my back pocket shaking my head. "I know you ended our friendship but let me pick up the ice cream, my treat." I nodded as the girl pouted up at me showing her dark brow eyes. "Please half and half." She begged placing her hands in a prayer motion.

"No." I replied hearing the elderly woman chuckle while she scooped up the ice cream. "Both of you are precious together. I can tell you'll be friends for a life time."

Eventually I was able to pick up the ice cream we ordered taking a seat on the bench outside taking a deep breath. "We are still friends you know, you're an interesting person and I believe we match well. You're overly smart and definitely a walking warm olive scented library while I'm the brightest pink daisy flower around. I think we work."

I hummed listening to the girl. "Well you're the first to call me a walking warm olive scented library, I don't know if I should be thankful or disband our friendship." I joked pushing my shoulder against hers.

While I took a bite from my cone sitting back enjoying the coldness hit my throat. I finally felt at peace, I didn't have to stretch my mind out to understand the world to feel accepted. "

"Do you have a family or are you all by yourself, Spencer?" She asked causing me to look at her as I took a deep breath. "Sure I think. I have a mother in las Vegas. I don't see her as much as I want to." I squinted my eyes taking another bite from my ice cream.

"I write her everyday, my lunch break is typically me going to the post office sending my letter." I explained looking over at her looking at me without judgement.