two

Today Spencer would return to the BAU. What seemed like a life time since he finished his prison sentence and court trial.

He knew deep down nothing would be the same, he was scheduled to teach at the local University along with cut half his normal hours on the field.

He woke up from tossing and turning all night, somethings never change. He wondered what the day held for him, how would the team react to his return? Would they see him as a monster? That he would find out today.

Spencer decided on quickly taking a hot shower to refresh his thoughts, once he got out he slipped on the clothes he set out before. To say he was nervous was an understatement, he was even biting his fingernails.

Once dressed he looked at his aged face, darken under eye bags, fluffy hair towel dried as he wore a black button up with his normal work slacks. The male held a dark brown tie in his hands before slipping it around his neck to complete his look. Today felt off and the day hadn't started yet.

Clearing his throat he walked to his desk grabbing his leather bag, he grabbed some gifted books that Garcia gave him while he was recovering. She had the weirdest taste he thought, one book he never let leave his side: The Narratives of John Smith.

The sounding of his apartment door shut behind him while he decided to rerun through his routine before his life fell apart. His feet carried him to the warming coffee shop not too far from his apartment.

The cool breeze hit his skin while he flipped open his favorite book gently rubbing his thumb on a dried up flower a past lover gave him. He let the book become torn with time and to anyone noticing they'd think he was a sloppy reader.

Walking into the coffee shop flipping through chapter one on his walk over he heard the welcoming ringing of the bell noticing a woman in his view. She was looking at him trying to figure out who he was. Odd.

___________
"Seems like someone paid for your drink already Spencer." Caught Spencer's attention raising a brow. The woman in front of him now sat alone at the wooden table in the corner writing something in her book.

"The woman in front of me paid. How kind, I'll pick up for the next customer." Left the male's throat grabbing his wallet and paid anyways. He closed the book in front of him adjusting his bag strap and headed to the waiting area. He decided to stand and observe the kind woman.

"Iced Coffee for y/n" Caught the woman's attention from her book. Spencer decided to look at his dress shoes to not catch any attention. His thoughts were getting the best of him already: Why are they being kind? Do I look off to them? His breath hitched holding his book to his lips kissing the hard cover sighing.

"Hot Black Iced Coffee for Spencer." There it was. Clearing his throat he reached for the coffee off the bar and headed to the woman's table. "Anyone sitting here?" Left the males lips causing the woman to look up.

"No, it's free to sit on." She smiled up at him, he could tell she wasn't around here. "Thank you." Spencer hummed sitting down and reached for the sugar packets he carried with him taking the coffee lid off and poured them into his coffee.

"Careful there you'll have a heart attack." left the woman's lips causing his eyebrow to raise. "Oh well you'd be charged with my death since you purchased it for me. Thank you by the way. Spencer."

"y/n" The girl slipped her hair behind her ear closing her written in journal. "Nice to meet you. you definitely look like a secret spy." She blushed causing Spencer to hum taking a sip from his sugar coffee.

"That's because I am." He remarked shaking his head looking back at the woman in front of him. "you're not from around here, are you?"

"nope" The woman made sure the p was popped at the end when she continued. "Moved here four days ago to the dot actually. i'm taking you're a regular?" "so you know where the subway is?" She raised a brow at the male.

"Do you need to know where the subway is?" Spencer asked closing his drink checking his wrist watch. "I've got to head to work maybe i can draw it for you?" "I could take you but you'll have to keep up, I can't be late." He got up quickly fixing his bag walking to the door.

"You coming?" He called as the woman shot up quickly following after. "I've got to get to the elementary school-" She explained following Spencer through the crowd of people. "You're fast!" The woman remarked causing Spencer to laugh.

"Catch up." He smirked walking forward down the stairs to the subway station.