three

The busy streets before them left y/n lost of words. She quickly followed behind the tall lanky man who held his hot coffee in his left hand. odd she thought. "well, come on." "i'll tell you which stop you get off at." the stranger called stepping into the subway train.

Stepping onto the subway train filled with tired working individuals sitting on the seats leaving the standing bars open. "here." y/n called reaching for cleaning wipes in her bag handing a wipe to the male beside her. "there maybe that will help." she hummed wiping the railing before carefully placing her hand to hold.

"You're working at the elementary school? I work at the university a couple blocks away. Interesting seems like we live in a small world." He commented sipping from his coffee causing the girl looking out the window to nod. "Seems to be small, you also work at the secret spy's office right? You seem like you've got a lot on your plate. What's your story?"

Watching as he cleared his throat with a simple head shake. "Nothing you should or would know, not worth it." He remarked causing the woman to take a mental note: He was reserved. "Could you at least tell me where you're from?" She asked looking at him noticing he refused to look her direction.

"Las Vegas."

A shaky breath left her throat nodding looking down at her feet. "Got It. I'm from Florida." "different sides of the country and we stand together right now, interesting to think about." she lightened the mood only receiving a cold laugh from Spencer. "Not really."

Y/n nodded understanding her weak attempt at a friend wasn't going as planned until his stop was coming close. "I get off before you, your stop is 3 after mine. remember that or you'll stay on all day." Spencer called her from her thoughts. "Got it. thank you for helping me."

"What's your number? I won't forgive myself if you end up dead on the subway." Spencer cleared his throat as she pulled her journal from her bag. "I'll write it for you."

"No need, i have an Eidetic memory." Spencer remarked causing the girl to laugh. "I'm sure you do." She repeated her phone number twice to make sure he remembered it.

"I got it. don't worry." Spencer reassured when the subway train stopped, he sent her a nod. "Thanks for the coffee, 3 stops. See you tomorrow?" He asked when the doors opened.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Y/n confirmed waving him goodbye. Odd first day. When he walked off the train, her focus was back on her journal.

Monday: September, 2nd
Interesting male stood behind me at the local coffee shop, reading an awfully beat up book. His under eye bags were dragging on his cheeks. Spencer. Hot black coffee with 9 sugar packets. Heart attack with fluffy hair. Secret agent. Train stopped at the count of 12. 3 After is my stop. Eidetic Memory. Tomorrow.

The girl closed her book when she reached 3 stops after Spencer's. Thankfully he didn't lie, sure enough the elementary school was nearly about to start it's day with children running into the building. While she walked to her classroom she felt a buzz in her bag.

Virginia Phone Number

Thank you for the coffee. Did you make it to your school?

Sure enough, He remembered her phone number. The male wasn't all bad she believed. Then again He was a complete stranger who happened to get coffee at the same shop she did.

No problem. All good. Thank you for helping me. Good luck.

When she shut off her phone the day began. She was introduced to the group of 13 kindergartners filled with excitement. They were ready for the letter of the day, ready to share that it was Monday and their weekend adventures.

Thinking at the new opportunities that were present, maybe making such a big move was a good idea. In less than 2 hours she met a complete stranger and began her new job as second teacher at the elementary school.

__________

Once school was over, she could practically feel her bones aching from the extra activities she had no idea existed until today. The girl made her small walk back onto the subway train noticing it would take the same path back to the coffee shop.

20 minutes later and she was back to the coffee shop. Thinking why not stop by and grab another drink? Hearing the bell chime as she walked in standing in line behind love sick couples which made her smile. clearing her throat rubbing her scalp looking at the menu lost in her own mind. The bell chime went off again.

"Oh come on Spence- do we really need to talk about the flying phone booth?" The blonde asked standing in line behind Y/n. "First of all, it's a phone box. Not a phone booth."

You recognized who the voice belonged to realizing it was the kind stranger you met earlier today, Interestingly enough with a female. Possibly a girlfriend. Safe to say your dreams of ever developing a crush on him were gone.

"Next! hey you're back!" the barista smiled as you nodded grabbing your wallet. "Same as this morning iced vanilla coffee with white mocha if possible?" you asked pulling out your money handing it over. "you got it." they hummed handing back your change before you took a step in the waiting area.

It took everything in you to not look up at Spencer and the blonde girl. They must be friends you thought. you had no reason to be jealous since he wasn't even your friend. You sat down at an empty sofa looking at your bag hearing them come closer.

"Second of all Jennifer, Doctor Who started a quarter of a century before Bill and Teddy even went on their bodacious adventures." Spencer remarked causing you to look up at the two raising a brow. "Sorry" left Jennifer causing Spencer to shake his head. "For what?" "asking" Jennifer laughed.

"iced coffee for y/n." Brought you up to your feet walking beside the two taking the plastic cup in your small hand looking at them both. "it should have been called Bill and Teddy's excellent rip off." you shared a warm smile before apologizing and walked to the door.

"Hey it's you again!" Spencer called while you pressed your back to the door. "Hello there secret spy. Nice to see you've got friends. I thought you didn't have any at all." you gently shot him a playful smirk before heading out to your apartment.

"What was that all about Spence?" Jennifer asked looking at Spencer who shrugged his shoulders reaching for his hot black coffee. "She purchased my coffee this morning, don't really know who she is. Don't really care." He admitted.

_____
*Authors note: How do we like this so far? I've added a lot more tension than originally planned. I hope it makes sense and it's easy to follow along! If you have any questions let me know!