five

Walking into the coffee shop early the next morning shouldn't have made me this nervous. Yesterday after work I bumped into Spencer and what seemed to be his blonde lady friend. When I got home I wondered why I felt anxious? 

He wasn't my boyfriend or even my friend, there was no need for this unbelievable feeling. Never the less I had to suck it up and possibly see him this cool early morning. I heard the bell chime behind me as I walked in releasing my long silk black dress and noticed Spencer was ordering already. 

I almost forced myself to give him a smile and wave. "Morning." I called out when he stepped to the side after placing his order, nothing in response. Alright maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. "I'll get an Iced vanilla coffee with white mocha." I hummed reaching for my wallet as the barista shook her head. 

"He took care of it, interestingly enough that's the first time He's done that." I was told nodding as I mumbled a thank you before standing beside Spencer. 

"You didn't have to pick up my drink this morning, but thank you. I appreciate the kindness, secret spy." I spoke looking at the baristas handling our drink orders. "Don't sweat it. least I can do this morning. You made it to the school I'm taking?"

We were finally getting somewhere, thank god. I thought. "Yes I did actually, 3 stops after yours. I'm taking you had a successful spy day yesterday?" I asked not looking up at the tall male who smelt like warm olives. okay then. "your friend doesn't know much about doctor who does she? shame on her." I remarked before hearing Spencer's named was called.

He quickly got his drink before sitting at the wooden table. "She doesn't know much about what I like never the less Doctor who. She's nice but average." Spencer spoke as he stirred in his sugar packets while my drink was called.

 "I see takes a lot for someone to impress you, luckily I don't care. I just need someone to speak with." Maybe that was a little harsh but I didn't seem to be bothered by it. I took the empty chair at Spencer's table drinking from my coffee. It was quiet for maybe a minute and twenty-two seconds before he spoke up. 

"I like the way you dress, interesting. Most women your age don't dress in that manner. You don't fit the general look. You dress accordingly to your body type. You're not thin-" He was cut off when I cleared my throat leaning over the wooden table to face him. 

"I will not let any man not even a decent looking secret spy that smells like warm olives tell me I don't fall under the general look because I'm not thin enough." I remarked raising a brow. When I finished he shot me a cold look. 

"If you let me finish I would have told you thin is overrated and not worth the obsession. Despite what people believe of me, I think every weight is beautiful no matter what but I like to see more voluptuous women every now and again." 

His remark shocked me a bit as I pulled away nodding. "Great save Spencer, I almost believed you." There had come a time in my life where no man paid me a second look because of my weight and I almost believed someone decently attractive liked women my side. Sure. 

"You don't have to believe me of course, I wouldn't if I was you but it's true. One day you'll believe it." He remarked pulling me from my thoughts as he stood up walking to the door. "you coming?"

"Right." I called following him out of the warm coffee shop walking beside him. " You said you're from Las Vegas? Where did you go to school? you seem awfully young to be a secret spy." I asked feeling the cool air hit my skin throwing my straightened hair behind my back while i held onto my side bag. 

"I went to Caltech, I have three BA's and PHD'S in mathematics, chemistry and engineering. Graduated High School when I was 12." Spencer hummed like many people asked him that. 

"I see, you're very smart then, since you said you have an eidetic memory-" "And I can read 20,000 words per minute, my IQ is 187." I was cut off by Spencer when I walked onto the subway train. 

"What I'm hearing is I'm average and you're above average and more." I responded wiping down the subway bars like I did yesterday for the both of us. "You seem educated if you're here teaching only the best come here, even if it's for elementary school." Hearing Spencer say that made me feel decently better. "Thanks I guess."

The subway train ride was calm, neither of us needed to speak to feel comfortable. "What are you doing after work spy?" I asked sipping from my coffee shooting him a glance. "Oh I was going to get ice cream and finish up some books at home. Nothing interesting. You?" Left his mouth while he held on to his warm hot coffee cup in his right hand. 

"Well I probably will paint and make dinner at home, I want to experience this lovely city but I don't know where to start." I embarrassingly admitted sharing my head earning a glance from Spencer.

"I've been here for over ten years, I know some places if you need recommendations." Spencer nodded sipping from his coffee. "Yeah? I'd like to know where I can go for-" Shortly after I was cut off "I get off work at 5:15 just about. What time do you get off?" I was asked which took me by surprise. "5:30" was all i could manage to say. "Alright I'll pick you up from your apartment at 6:30 sharp." 

His stop was announced by the subway programmed system when he nodded with a gentle smile. "How do you know where I live?" I asked when the subway train stopped and he waited for everyone to walk out the doors. "You live in the apartment 2 blocks from mine. I saw you looking out your balcony." He replied walking to the opened doors. "Good luck."

There I was holding onto the subway train bars finally realizing that I would be seeing Spencer after work. He was definitely a mystery. 3 train stops after his and I was lead to my Elementary classroom. I walked in to see the number of parents dropping their children off immediately bringing a smile to my face. 

"Hey Y/n good morning." the teacher Ms. Anderson addressed me when I set my bag down at my desk. "Hi! Goodmorning." "You're blushing red, I'm taking you had an interesting afternoon?" She blushed. The woman was about my age, she was engaged to some architect manager up town and pregnant with her first child. "I believe you can say that." I replied reaching for my journal to find a folded note, I quickly opened it to reveal the chicken scratch that wrote

Coffee Shop Stranger, How do you feel about the stories of the stars?

Spencer

Well looks like Spencer definitely was picking up on my little hints.