un

1. une fille inconnue
[a strange girl]

Dark, grey clouds hovered over the city. The sky that was a perfect shade of blue just a few moments ago transitioned into a gravel grey. Starting with just a soft drizzle, the raindrops collided against the ground, before an endless stream of the rain shower was heard.

Raindrops falling in, pit-a-pat.

The rain soon intensified, drenching Jungkook and his allies from head to toe. It was particularly difficult to notice someone as the vision got blurry, they kept running towards their second base that wasn't too far away.

Bolting up, he paced faster and jumped over the puddles, the shouts from the enemies getting fainter in the background. That was when, a thin voice called out, making him halt on his tracks.

"Help."

"Pl-please h-help." It was a feminine voice. 

He looked around, peering into alleys to find the source and immediately spotted it. A young woman, not more than twenty years of age, laying lifeless to the edge of the alley in dirt and muddy water. Her head was bleeding, and her foot was severely injured as she collapsed in the blood drained pavement. 

The only thing noticeable about her was her hand, outstretched into oblivion as though someone would come and reach out to her. With clothes torn and skin deeply wounded, Jungkook could guess she was coming from a fight, peculiarly one of those to brag about their power status.

"Leader!" He ignored the pleas and calls from his members as he cautiously made his way to help the girl. He stroked her head, wrapping a wet handkerchief around it to stop further bleeding, before lifting the weakling in his arms and carrying her to his base.

"Who was that, leader?" One of the younger members, Jihoon asked.

"I don't know, I found her by the alley asking for help." He perked over the small glass window outside the emergency room whilst the doctors operated on her.

"But its dangerous," his right hand, Park Jimin started. "What if she is from another district? Jeon, you're putting your life at risk at the cost of that unknown girl, whose chances of staying alive are uncertain."

Jungkook gulped in fear.

He could understand that Jimin was thoughtful, he had a point. He was well versed with the idea that keeping a stranger would only invite trouble for them. He knew absolutely nothing about the girl, but what he did know was that he was a man of principles. He wasn't going to let someone die and abandon them only because they came from another province.

Because then, it would only make him fall in guilt and remorse. Hell no, he wasn't going to become the heartless man his father had been.

Glancing back at the operation theatre, he knew what exactly they needed to do.

"The only people who know about her are us, I'm pretty sure no one else has seen her around. Arrange her a place upstairs, she will be staying over with me. Tighten the security around my residence so that she'll be staying put and no one apart from the rest of the gang gets to know about her existence." He announced, putting an emphasis over the last line before leaving the place as Jimin signalled everyone about the instructions.

The months that followed showed some improvement in and around the city of Busan. The crimes had reduced, only because the city was getting increasingly deserted than ever before.

Jeon Jungkook trudged down the narrow lanes dimly lit, his footsteps echoed in the city of Busan that he owned. Or rather, the city that was passed down to him from his father as a sign of lineage. There wasn't a sight of a person in sheer vicinity.