quatre

4. un choix 
[a choice]

It was around four in the morning. The hallways in the penthouse were engulfed in a void of silence when a sudden wave of disturbance was created by the sound of a telephone.

Jungkook's cult made sure to only communicate through telephones over radio based smartphones. Options were indeed available, yet they couldn't risk the chances of the voices getting tracked or recorded by the cults functioning in other provinces.

The ringing was prolonged, even after Jungkook had boringly rejected the call thrice. His body ached, perhaps from the weather outside or either from the awkward position he was sleeping in with Lalisa's small frame snuggled into his naked chest.

Jungkook's body jolted up in a second.

No call was made to him more than thrice, unless it was something important.

The moment he rested the handset against his ear, a grave voice spoke through.

"Jungkook." Jimin raised concern over his voice. "There has been a problem."

Jimin was usually incharge and the chief of almost every mission Jungkook had planned. Be it controlling some violent uprisings or dealing with heinous crimes in the Busan province, Jimin was the ideal person that could be trusted. Not because he possessed meticulous leadership abilities and wit to guide things in an orderly fashion, but also because he always maintained a patient demeanour and could deliberately manipulate situations without even trying too hard.

Therefore this called in for a serious issue; one of those that couldn't be ignored.

He carefully removed Lisa's arm from his waist to dress up, in the slightest attempt to not wake her up. By the time he was done tucking his shirt inside his leather jeans, a shuffling noise caused Lisa to flutter her eyes open, for a brief second.

"Are you headed somewhere?" She rubbed her eyes to get a vivid picture before her eyes. Jungkook caressed her cheek with his thumb, before stroking it over her lip.

"The sun isn't up yet, go to sleep."

"What about..."

"Lisa." Jungkook murmured as he pecked her lips, before her eyelids shut and her voice was reduced in form of soft snores.

Jungkook sighed, before closing the door and departing out.

The base camp was surprisingly a quite place for the day. Everyone surrounded around leader Jungkook who sat on the chair with his legs sprawled out and ankles crossed over the table, not attempting to let out a frail cry.

"We had a deal." Jungkook folded his arms across his chest, his gaze narrowed upon a man who stood intimidated right opposite to him.

"Right Hwang-in?" He raised his voice at one of his members, who had now joined allies with the leader of the Seoul province; Kim Hyun Shik.

"How much."

"Excuse me?" Hwang-in asks, confused at the question projected at him.

"How much bribe have they paid you to sell yourself at their feet."

"Leader this is not how you—"

"Enough. I asked you a simple question. Stop manipulating around like a dumb arsehole."

"Two billion won." The latter quietly replied.

"How can you stoop so low for money Hwang In?! We trusted you, fed you like one of our brothers. In return just one request, of not disclosing any information that concerns leader, or his personal matters." Jihoon retorts, but Jimin signalled the boy to control his outburst of emotions.