six

6. une mémoire 
[a memory]

"JUNGKOOK!"

Lalisa hollered and charged towards Jungkook, who seemed to be completely oblivious to her actions. By the time he turned back at the sound of the trigger being pulled, he caught a glimpse of Hyun Shik laying on the ground like earlier, but this time a deadly evil grin plastered on his face as he grasped Jungkook's gun and pointed it at Jungkook himself.

He felt a sudden jerk on his arm that caused his to retrieve away and before he could process the scenario surrounding him, two loud gunshots were heard. The commotion was too fast - a hazy vision forming before his eyes. He watched in horror as he felt a weight over him, the truth piercing through his heart as he lowered himself to the ground, in a frail attempt to sustain Lisa's weight, her body plummeting to the floor.

Lisa took the bullet that was meant for him — the realisation slowly spreading through the lobes of Jungkook's brain.

A scornful, sinister laugh echoed along the walls of the tent — until some of Jungkook's trustworthy guys stepped in and fires bullets towards Hyun Shik, until the laughter subsided.

Jungkook wasn't in a fit to know what was going around him, because if anything, he was concerned about no one, except the woman in his arms who was trying to gasp for air.

Not just any woman, but the one he deeply loved all his life.

He couldn't just care for anything else in the world, especially when Lisa lay lifeless and out of breath, streams of blood gushing out of her abdomen, red and crimson as he tried to stop the bleeding. Lisa was visibly drained out of energy from the heated brawl from earlier, protecting herself against those who invaded her safe place and the bullets seemed to badly hit her stomach pushing through her internal organs.

His oversized shirt on her body was forming adhesive blood stains damp and wet from the amount of incessant blood loss.

Never in his entire life had Jungkook felt ever so pain stricken and hopeless.

"M-medic? Get the damn medic guy!!" He yelled calling out for help as Lisa gripped his hand, causing him to directly meet her eyes.

"P-please w-wait okay? I-I'll let n-nothing happen to you...you will be fine." Jungkook cradled Lisa, her gaze never leaving his.

"J-j-jung....k-kook." She shook her head sideways, her lips unable to form coherent words as her voice lowered into inaudible whispers, eyes gleaming with tears threatening to fall out.

"N-no Lali....y-you c-can't duh-d-die..." Jungkook's hands went to intertwine his fingers with Lisa's. "W-wh-whyy?"

He had never stuttered in his life; unless he did it out of fear and sheer despair.

"S-someone h-ha-had to d-do it...take one f-for the t-t-tea-team." Lisa managed to let out, reminiscing how Jungkook would always repeat the same phrase to his trainees. She chuckled, before coughing out making wet gurgling sounds down her throat, blood that tugged at her lips and tears trailed down as she tried to look at Jungkook with the progressive blur in her vision.

"L-Lisa I will do everything...I-I c-can't l-let y-you go-"

"Jungkook! We managed a stretcher from a nearby medical facility. Rush her out!" Jimin's voice called from outside the tent as Jungkook tried to lift Lisa, yet she refused to cooperate.