trois

3. au clair de lune
[in the moonlight]

The night from four weeks back certainly brought in some new dynamics to this unnamed affair between Jeon Jungkook and Kim Lalisa.

For Jungkook specifically, he had found himself a true friend; someone he could confine himself in. Truly, he would say Jimin, Jihoon and all the members of his cult were like brothers to him ㅡ but he always felt insecure for sharing his grief with them. There was a reason in particular of maintaining that rigid persona, after all.

His father had forced himself into wearing the sealed mask of ego over his personality and shadow the inner child in his heart. Problem was however, he hadn't an idea of letting it out.

And for that, Kim Lalisa was the one who stepped in to help him express the lost memories of his once precious childhood, without a fear of being judged. His mind often raced back to the brief times he would spend with her, bringing over pancakes late at night, which would mostly end up being burnt due to her silliness. He'd still soulfully eat them without a single complaint which was take the girl by shock.

Not just because of the pancakes, but because of this new side of him she was getting to see. A softer, caring side that was otherwise caged up behind his insensitivity towards the servants and cult members.

Maybe Lisa wasn't just a friend anymore to him; if it weren't for the weird bell-like sounds that had been ringing in his head, alerting his conscience.

As if to say, that she's the one;

His one true soulmate.

But he still wasn't convinced yet because he never experienced something like this before.

Maybe there was a way to find out; by confronting himself what he felt for her. So he did interrogate himself, by standing in front of the mirror. But the turn of events led to a deeper realizationㅡ

First, he was in love. Very, deeply, eternally in love.

Second, his love was forbidden. He wasn't supposed to develop any feelings for care for her.

It was venomous, for it could lead to their destruction. Because he was a beast and she, well, as pure as a dove. She had had to face so much abuse as a child, as a woman.

She mostly avoided to talk about it, but from her actions and behavior it could be easily understood that she had been tormented day in and day out, for years. Although brave to put forth her opinions, she always lived in a fear; hiding in that very corner of her room, sometimes even breaking out into panic attacks when someone suddenly touched her, or accidentally brushed against her skin.

Amidst all these reasons, one thing was certain, that Lisa felt safe around Jungkook. There were countless number of times she'd thank him for saving her life that day.

His heart palpitated, skipped beats even when there was a single thought, a glimpse about her. Yes, that's how insanely strong the feeling of love was.

It scared him ㅡ probably every strong person has a weakness, isn't so? Maybe this was why he had been avoiding her for a few days, hoping the feelings would easily fade away.

They only grew stronger by each passing second, how tragic.

On the contrary, the silent treatment wasn't doing justice to Lisa either. Weirdly she felt some worms creep up to her stomach, itching to know where she went wrong. She had exhausted herself running around him, trying to start a conversation but he would always dodge off, excusing him for a call or any nonchalant excuse he could find.