O5 | A Sudden Call From Home

●●●
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

❝as much as you wanted to run away from your past, fate keeps on finding ways to bring you back, you have no escape, always remember that❞
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

O5 | A Sudden Call From Home

"Argh! Finally!"

Jisoo exclaimed happily after closing her laptop. She raised both of her arms and stretched them, as it felt numb after typing for almost an eternity, earlier.

She finally finished her part in the new case study given to her group. The project gave her series of sleepless night, and it really drained her energy.

She messaged her group mates and informed them that she was done in her part. She told them that once they're done with their parts as well, they must send it to her immediately so that she could edit it. She also told them that if they have concerns, tell her immediately so that she could help them to sort it out. She's the leader though, that's why she has the greatest responsibility in their group.

She looked at the clock and saw that it was already 3:00 a.m. She yawned, and she took it as a cue to crawl on her bed and have a good sleep.

She woke up late the next day, it's Sunday though, so she didn't have any classes.

She decided to take a quick bath first before she headed downstairs.

She changed into comfortable oversized shirt and cotton shorts before going to the kitchen. The monster on her stomach's already complaining though.

"Hmm, let's see what do we have here", she mumbled checking the refrigerator.

"Oh Jisoo, you're awake already", she looked at her back and saw one of their helpers. "Want me to reheat your breakfast?"

Jisoo smiled. "Yes please".

The helper nods her head and proceed on reheating the foods left from the breakfast earlier.

Jisoo picked a box of fresh milk from the fridge, she decided to drink it while waiting for the helper to finish.

She went to the high stool on the kitchen island and sat there, her hand holding the milk and a glass. While pouring milk to the glass, Lia came to her running.

"Unnie!"

"Lia, how many times do we have to remind you to stop running, it's bad for your heart", she told the little kid who was panting a bit.

"But unnie, someone's calling on your phone", she said showing Jisoo's phone on her hand.

"What? How did you get my phone?"

"I thought you're still sleeping unnie so I went to your room to check on you, but you were gone already. And then I noticed your phone's ringing so I took it and look for you"

Jisoo nods her head, thanking the little girl before getting her phone to check who the caller was. She has a hunch that it was one of her group mates, probably asking something about their project.

The call had ended already. She noticed that the caller has been calling her for six times already, making her to creased her forehead.