Issues

Sheamus and Finn took my bags, as Drew held me close to him, and we went into the hotel lobby. I felt safe that way surrounded by my entourage. They went to check in at the desk, waiting for me so we could go up together.
The woman at the desk recognized me and shot me a look. "I told you before, Miss, we don't have a reservation for you, and we have no more rooms. You'll have to look elsewhere." the woman said rudely. "You'll have to leave now."
"Could you please just check again?" I asked politely.
"No. I told you before you aren't here. Now leave before I call security."
"She's with me. Is that a problem?" Drew defended.
"N-no, Mr Galloway. No problem at all." the woman said, startled by his gruff tone.
"Good. Now, give me my damn key, so I can get some rest." She gave him two keys. "Thank you."
They had no way of knowing, but I was prone to anxiety attacks, and I was headed for one, thanks to the woman at the desk.
I began to shake and talk to myself. "Its alright. You're okay. Calm down. Calm down. Get it under control." Tears welled up in my eyes. "Don't. Don't. Not now. Wait until you're alone." Too late.
I felt like something had me by my throat. I couldn't get in a full breath. "Go away. Go away. Go away." I said, clutching my throat.
"Laurie?" Finn asked concerned.
"Are you alright?" Sheamus asked.
"What can we do?" Shawn asked.
"Just talk to me about anything but this." I said.
"So, what did you mean earlier when you said you'd see us tonight?" Drew asked.
I started gasping for air, drawing attention from someone else in the lobby.
"That won't help her. I've seen it before." the man said, approaching quickly. "Come here, little one. Joe's going to make it better, okay?" he said, taking my hand. "Now, look at me. You're okay. What's your name?"
"Laurie." Drew offered. "Her name is Laurie."
"Okay, Laurie. I want you to close your eyes for a minute. Think of your favorite place to be. Breathe in." he coached me. "Where are you? Breathe out."
"My bench by the water's edge."
"And what do you see? Breathe in."
"The water is clear. The fish swimming by."
"What are you doing?"
"Writing." I said, taking a deep breath as my hand dropped away from my neck.
"What are you writing about? That's a good girl. In... and out."
"You, all of you." I said, slowly opening my eyes.
"So, you like to write?"
"Yes, I do, very much. Just for myself."
"If it's okay, I'd like to read something sometime." he said, holding my hand as we headed to the elevator.
"No you wouldn't." I blushed.
  "Oh, no way. Romance, that's cool." he said excitedly. "Tell me now, do you write about what you've had happen in your life or what you hope will?"
A little of both, I guess." I said. "Actually, Finn's carrying my writing in that suitcase." I giggled. "Thanks, Joe." I said, kissing his cheek.
"For what?"
"Coming to help me out back there."
"Anytime you need me just call, okay?" he smiled. "And I still want to read some of your writing."
"Maybe I'll write something for you, while I'm here."
"I'd like that." he smiled, kissed my cheek and disappeared.
"Do you have those often, lass?" Sheamus asked.
"Once or twice a year, I have bad ones. I have little ones from time to time, but most of the time they don't bother me too much."
"So, what was that one? Just so we know the difference." Drew asked.
"1-10, that was a five."
"So, we don't ever want to see a 10?"
Finn asked.
"No. Those usually last an hour or more and no amount of what Joe just did helps. It just has to run it's course."