one

❝ he's still a teacher and harry's still his student❞

-

harry rests his head against his arms, burying his face to avoid seeing the reactions of his friends.

'so you really didn't know?' niall asks harry.

'how the fuck was I supposed to know?' harry retorts, annoyance laced in his tone but more aimed at himself then at niall.

'i don't know. wasn't he old or some shit.'

'why would I hit on an old man?' harry lifts his head up to look into the blond boys blue eyes. 'i'm not stupid, he looked around my age.'

'it's ok, harry. it was an easy mistake,' liam reassures his friend.

'oh, so you happen to tell teachers your drowning in their eyes often, do you?' niall raises his eyebrows.

'of cause not, i'm just trying to make harry feel a little better,' Liam argues.

'i don't think anything can make me feel better.' harry groans. 'anyone would have been better then a bloody teacher.'

'harry, it's really not that big a deal. i'm sure everything will be forgotten in a month.' liam tells him.

'all the teachers are going to be talking about it and its only the first day.'

'they would have talked about you anyways,' niall reassures harry, trying to make him feel better. it didn't really work though.

'there just jealous. the confident you have about being who you are scares them,' mandy tells harry even though they have had this conversation millions of times. harry didn't like the pity from his friends.

'i know,' harry mumbles.

'and, i'm sure we can take in special consideration for your conquest,' mandy smiles softly at harry. her eyes sparkle with mischief. 'you can skip this year.'

'no,' harry quickly replies. 'i can't skip this year. i'll lose my two year streak.'

the conquest was the only thing getting harry through school these days.

it had all started in year 8 when mandy had betted that she could win her crushes heart before him as a way to get harry to ask out his crush. fast forward a couple of years and now everyone in the group joined in, besides liam who thought it was cruel to toil with someone's heart. harry had gained a lot of self confidence from the game and enjoyed the feeling of victory he got from winning it. he could not miss out on this year, his final year.