six

❝does mr tomlinson now he's risking his career for a teenagers game?❞

-

niall's bowl is piled high with ice-cream and extra chocolate sauce dripping down the sides which he had battered his eyelashes at the waiter to convince him to allow. mandy's got a stack of pancakes from the all day breakfast menu, coated in sticky maple syrup and fresh strawberries. she's also slowly sipping a warm chai latte with oat milk. liam's holding a mug of coffee, a plain sandwich with ham and cheese sitting untouched in front of him.

'are you sure you don't want to order anything?' niall asks with a spoon full of ice-cream on the way to his mouth. 'its delicious.'

'no, i'm actually not feeling that well,' harry tells the blue eyed boy. 'i'm fine with my water.'

'you don't even want to try mine?' niall holds out his spoon, the ice-cream slowly melting and leaving small, sickly sweet dotes on the table.

harry shakes his head, 'no thanks.'

mandy takes a big bite of her pancakes, swallowing it down with a mouthful of chai. 'ok, i think we should look at the results.'

'results?' liam asks, eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

'you know, the results for the first round. we telly them up after the first week like always.'

'its not the end of the week yet,' harry says in a panic.

'yeah, but you had you detention with mr tomlinson on monday and i just thought you would have completed it by now,' mandy explains. she's dipping a slice of pancake in the pool of syrup on the corner of her plate and doesn't go to eat it until it's got to be soggy with how much syrup it's soaked up.

'well, i haven't,' harry says with annoyance.

'so, i won the first round and, niall came second?' mandy questions, a smile gracing her lips.

'yes, you kissed your target first but at least i didn't kiss mine last,' niall says.

see, the goal of the game wasn't to only conquer you target, no that would be too easy for the trio. you had to complete each task first in order to gain points on the game. each task you won gave you 1 point and conquering your target first gave you 3. the person to end the year with the most points was the winner of the game.

harry hasn't even completed the first task.

'i think we should add in an extra round. who ever gets to get their target to go down on them first gets a point,' niall suggests, voice fast like he's high on the sugar he's consuming.