seven

it was friday and harry was really running out of time if he wanted to move into the next round because he still hadn't kissed mr tomlinson. if he didn't kiss the blue eyed man before the end of the week, he would be eliminated, game over. and that couldn't just happen when this was only the first round.

in class yesterday, harry made sure to act his usually self, annoying, slightly self centred and loud. so once again he had been given a detention for speaking to much in class and distracting his fallow classmates or some shit.

honestly, harry wasn't really looking forward to it. he just wanted to relax, he was starving and he hadn't eaten since lunch the day before, but he was still planning to win this game, and he wouldn't really mind kissing mr tomlinson. he has been day dreaming about it since he first saw him and mistook him for a student.

harry isn't looking as presentable as he would wish. it's pissing down rain outside when he made his way from fourth period to mr tomlinson's classroom for his lunchtime detention, his hair drenched and his eyeliner smudged. he's wearing a pale blue top that matches the colour of his shoes and ripped jeans.

harry doesn't hesitate to open the door this time, but wishes he did when he is met with mrs brown. she sits on mr tomlinson's desk, a too bright smile plastered on her face and she's dressed in every possible shade of pink. like a unicorn just vomited her up. mr tomlinson is sitting across from her, in his desk chair.

when harry enters he can't hear the hushed words whispered between the two but he can make out the flirtatious look in mrs brown's eyes and it causes a boiling pit of jealousy to stir in harry's stomach.

'i'm sorry, i didn't realise you had company,' harry says, blantently trying to draw attention to himself.

mr tomlinson smiles at him, then turns back to mrs brown.

'i'm sure you have more important things to be doing. i'll see you at the meeting tomorrow, grace,' mr tomlinson says.

mrs brown sighs then. with her eyes trained on harry, she speaks 'yes, i should be going. but, really, i don't know why you bother giving that boy a detention. you should just suspend him or send him to the principal.'

she's made her way to the centre of the room and harry can make out the wrinkles under her eyes and on her neck that have formed with age. his body shrinks into himself and he feels his confidence waver.

'he's never going to amount to anything in life,' she mumbled as her footsteps leave the room.

mr tomlinson ignores mrs brown's comments and harry doesn't know weather to be grateful or annoyed.

'you know you can take a seat,' tomlinson says, extending a hand out to gestured to the chair in front of him.

harry grins, ignoring the way his face burns up when mr tomlinson doesn't move his eyes off of him even once he's stoped talking.

'so are you and mrs brown besties now or something?' harry asks as he takes a seat in the chair.

'i guess you could say that,' he answers.

'i don't know what that means, but she's a bitch.'

'do you have no respect for anyone, you can't just go around calling teachers bitches,' mr tomlinson scolds.

'but she's aloud to go around telling her students their worthless and pathetic,' harry rolls his eyes.

it's silent for a little bit. the voices of the students outside carry softly over the sound of the rain hitting the roof. harry shivers uncontiously.

'you going to tell me why I'm here?' harry questions.

mr tomlinson smiles at him, something behind his eyes sparkle and Harry's stomach suddenly feels funny.

'you know why you're here,' he tells him.

'and i'll only continue coming if it means spending time with you.' harry keeps his voice light, slightly flirtatious and confident. his hands dig into his jeans though, and his heart races slightly. he almost regrest the words after they come out of his mouth.

mr tomlinson coughs slightly, surprised by his boldness. he seems caught off guard and his eyes dart briefly to the closed door.

'that's not something you should strive to archive, mr styles,' mr tomlinson tells him, his own hands reaching out to grasp a book resting on the corner of his desk.

'why not?' harry asks, he leans forward a little in his chair.

'i don't think that would be the wisest idea, is all,' me tomlinson says.

harry wrinkles his nose.

mr tomlinson gets up from his chair, moving to the other side of the desk. he holds the book out with one hand.

'this is your assignment,' he says.

harry looks at the book, then up at mr tomlinson. without the desk in the way, there's nothing stopping him from reaching out and kissing him in this moment.

'whats it about?' harry asks.

'that would spoil the fun, wouldn't it?' he questions, one eyebrow raised.

x

word count: 859

so sorry for not updating for so long, but better late then never right. anyways I promise a longer update will be up really soon.

ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀꜱ ᴘᴇᴛ