twenty

They had escaped the Maze, and Minho knew he should be happy, this is what he spent three years fighting for, but none of it seemed worth it, not anymore. Not when she wasn't there to escape with him.

He couldn't bring himself to say her name. It hurt too much. They escaped a week after she died. Maybe things would've been different if Thomas came earlier, figured out the code, then she would be here with them.

Maybe things would have been different if Teresa never came up in that shucking box. He hated her. Hated her for the fact that as soon as a new girl comes, his girl dies.

They lost many people. Alby, Gally, Ben, Zart, Adam, Jeff, but none of them hurt more than her.

Minho was so angry. Angry at everyone, but angrier at himself. Maybe if he stayed the night with her, she would still be here.

Everything was all about the maybes, the what ifs. He couldn't change anything now, but that didn't help the regret he felt.

It hasn't gotten any easier. Even throughout the entire escape, his mind was on her. He was sure his mind would never leave her; Minho would never be able to get over her.

And when he saw Gally, he couldn't think properly. He threw the spear he was holding at him, impaling his chest. He tried to save Thomas, and he did, but he couldn't save Chuck.

Gally wasn't his friend, but he was family. Gally was her friend.

Chuck was her friend too.

Minho couldn't feel anything. All he felt was a numbness seeping into his brain, like a deadly disease.