The Daydreamer - Chp 33 [Ours]

~So don't you worry your pretty little mind/People throw rocks at things that shine/And life makes love look hard/The stakes are high, the water's rough/But this love is ours~

Em stirred close to an hour later in my lap. She looked at the ground ashamed at her breakdown I could tell, I could feel it.

"I promise to get your mother's jewelry back Emmy." I whispered stroking her cheek. She clenched her eyes shut tight resisting the tears, the pain.

She didn't deserve this or anything else that had bought her down, if I could go back in time I'd change it for her, I'd trade my life to. It seemed that as soon as it got better it came crashing back down, as always. She deserved better, the world.

She grabbed my hand and held it to the side of her face "I love you." She whispered. I knew that I was the only thing that was helping her hold on, that gave her reason to try and that made me feel highly humble and responsible, more than usual for a mate, I vowed to protect her from anything else.

I pulled her up and sat her on my lap facing me, her fingers linked with mine that sat on her face as she stared at me. I stared back the gaze highly powerful and overbearing. I felt so useless, so guilty, so stupid as I held my life in my arms, so fragile. She leant in and kissed me gently and I sighed. "I feel like I'm failing you baby." I whispered saddened.

Her eyes weakened and pooled "Please don't ever think that...I-I love you, you make everything bearable, beautiful. I love you." She whispered her voice wavering.

I kissed her lips softly "I love you with all that I am." I whispered her body melting in against me. She nuzzled into me wrapped her arms around me, myself doing similar.

Moments ticked by and she wiggled closer "Jacey can we get this over and done with so we can just go?" she whispered all her eagerness gone. I hated him.

"Em?" Lilly asked clearing her throat by the doorway her eyes cautious. She already knew what had happened as she had come in when Em had fallen asleep from the tears, Lilly also filled in the blank bits in relations to Em's mother's jewelry box with missing jewelry, one of the only possessions she had left of her mother's. We both glanced over at Lilly. "You okay sweetie?" Em nodded weakly and I kissed her cheek trying to fill this new void created in any way possible. "Is there anything furniture wise you want to take?" she asked gently.

Em glanced around her room; at her overturned bed and dresser and other trashed items. She shook her head "No, you and Kurt can have it all." She whispered.

Lilly's eyes grew with surprise and awkwardness "Uh, sweetie...we aren't moving in yet." She said slow and cautious.

Em's eyes narrowed dangerously "Yes. You are. No more putting off because of me." She said her voice leaving no other choice.

Lilly sighed opening her mouth than closing. She opened it again "Are you sure?" her excitement leaking into her voice.

Em laughed shortly "Course, you'll only be an hours drive and it's not as if we won't be seeing each other, especially with the wedding soon." I couldn't help but grin wide "Shoot, Mamma can even go." Em continued.

Lilly smiled a smile that even hurt my cheeks "I love you!" she cried and tore up the hall to find Kurt.

Em caught my eyes "Are you sure?" I asked gently.

She nodded "She has to start living her life, besides it makes it safer for her and Mamma as I won't be there."

I sighed "You can't save everyone bar yourself baby."