The Daydreamer - Chp 3 [Crazier]

~You lift my feet off the ground you spin me around/you make me crazier crazier/feels like I'm falling/and I'm lost in your eyes/you make me crazier crazier crazier~

It had been three days since I left home and I had finally decided to go out. I was at the mall, not because I wanted to. I was there because that night getting to Mamma's dead on my feet I realised I'd left my cardigan on the bus. So walking through multiple shops in my indigo skinnies and a purple singlet and the same boots I hunted for a new form of warmth.  

Although deep down I was wanting my warmth from my chocolate boy. God, my mind was constantly racing back to this beautiful stranger. I was even dreaming about him and when I wasn't I was daydreaming about him.  

Sighing exasperated leaving another shop I pursed my lips in frustration. Everything was either too girly or just wasn't right. I found one that was close to what I wanted but the tiny thin fabric cost over $200, yeah right. Frustrated I took a sip of my hot chocolate that I'd purchased during my hunt at some coffee bar. Still agitated I ran my fingers through my hair as I walked over to the directory. There has to be some shop I haven't checked out.  

Absentmindedley biting my lip I flicked through the touch screen directory. Nothing. Groaning I pulled my fingers through my hair again. Turning in defeat I caught it. Or him.  

There he stood on the other side of the mall with an amused smile in my direction and in one hand he held up my cardigan. I gasped smiling, I couldn't help it. My heart was smashing into my chest and my lips had gone dry as I hit that wall again, my breath caught. And so badly I wanted to run straight to him, like in the movies. Instead smiling shyly and glancing away dazed I made my way over. Each step I took that aching hole in my chest slowly went away. Reaching the other side finally I stopped in front so unsure of what to say or do. I wasn't even touching him yet I could feel his warmth and the friction of sparks between us and so badly did I want to close the distance.  

"Finally." He murmured with pure relief, his voice silky smooth yet slightly deep and rusty making me want to moan. What is wrong with me? Glancing up at him finally I raised a quizzical eyebrow as he stared down at me as if I was his life support of oxygen "I've been looking for you ever since that night." I wanted to close my eyes in bliss and let those words wash over me, though I fought it and smiled faintly at him my cheeks burning.  

Smiling he handed me my cardigan "Thanks." I whispered finally finding some form of a voice as I put my bag in my hand.  

"Here." He said gently taking it for me as I slid the soft cloth back on. Softly I inhaled it, it smelt of him; pine and the comforting smell if wet grass, a woodsy smell. I pulled it tighter around me.  

Gazing back up at him to thank him my words sat forgotten as I met his gaze. Those heavenly green eyes holding mine gently. Everything else lying forgotten, including the people easing past us.  

"Excuse me." A voice interrupted snidely.  

"Sorry." I said hastily stepping aside laughing shakily as our eyes broke off. The woman made her way by. I pulled the hair from my eyes glancing down "Uh, where's your friend?" I asked searching for something to keep me here right beside him.  

I could feel his warm gaze on me like an embrace "Who? Kane? He went back home to his girlfriend." He said simply still watching me.  

So he wasn't from Canberra and his friends name is Kane I thought as I nodded gently still biting my bottom lip.  

"So what are you up to?" he asked genuinely curious.  

"Well I was going to buy a new jumper," I said laughing lightly "and then go exploring. You?"