The Daydreamer - Chp 47 [Long Live]

~Singing long live all the mountains we moved/I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you/And long, long live the look on your face/And bring on all the pretenders/One day we will be remembered~

I curled her up in my arms as she snuggled up into me furthermore. I sighed content and so grateful to experience this or at least anything with Emmy.

I carried her out to the Ute leaving her on my lap knowing beside me wasn’t even going to cut it. She curled into me some more and I kissed her forehead smoothing the hair from her face tenderly.

I was unable to explain how hollow I felt thinking I had lost Em, to never experience anything with her anymore. Her touch, smell, her laugh, her smile, those lips, telling her I loved her. I knew if it had happened I wouldn’t have been able to keep such a promise. She was officially going nowhere, all I wanted was to hold her and love her more than usual, I was cherishing every breath I shared with her. Every time I looked at her a tidal of utter relief floods off me knowing it was a miracle, knowing it was all okay. I just wanted to hold her till the day I died, to never let go.

I was broken before; Kurt came in to find me crying over Em as she laid on the cold floor, still. He stood a far as I wailed. “It’s too late Jace.” He whispered his voice breaking. As now Alpha having another Alpha see me so weak was a huge mistake but I didn’t care, I just wanted Em to open her beautiful brown eyes with every fiber of my body. I'd trade my life for it.

“Help me! We can just…Kurt.” I pleaded catching his eyes, his face crumbled and growling I began compressions on her chest determined to finish this with a sunset.

It hit me like a bus moments later.

“Alli!” I gasped.

Kurt’s eyes lit with recognition and he reached for cloth. He bandaged Em’s chest to cease the blood flow as I continued compressions her tiny breath inaudible to human ears, her heart even worse. “Change Jace.” He commanded. I didn’t hesitate and in a flash Kurt had Em tied around my body and I raced to Alli and Aimee’s house.

I remember vividly Alli accessing her, rattling off the damage; broken knee cap, broken ribs, swelling, brain bruising, bruises and not to mention the gaping gap from Clara. The list went on. I remember forcing Alli to hear her, it having to be done in stages as her damage was to the extent of irreparable but eventually her even breaths filled the air, relief shattering my composure. Than Alli tended to my wound from the silver.

I held her hand. I never moved until I had to; Kurt showing up with news. It wasn’t until I returned I found the cot empty and could hear her distant sobs and smell her blood, again.

I felt highly responsible for failing her, for being the worst Mate possible and yet I knew to an extent Em was right; it was Angus. Only Angus. Yet she’d been broken and I wasn’t there to shield her. How she’d forgiven me had one answer; love. Her strength was beyond amazing; she stood up for herself and begged for the safety of others.

She was my hero.

She was going to make the perfect Luna, however as decided it wouldn’t be any time soon. Although dad submitted we had both spoken and decided that right now I didn’t want it and until ready it was in my father’s hands. I had told Emmy everything that had happened from my perspective and she was in awe of my new role as Alpha, I also told her why I had declined for now. Either way she supported me entirely.

I had also explained to her how Clara had been caught outside and instantly taken to the council of the Unbelievables, Em wasn’t in need for interviews as I had already passed on every detail and Clara had been handed or rather forced to take a truth concoction to spill all of her very thoughts, secrets, and feelings. My father and the boys had cleaned up at the old reform school and humans would be oblivious, the majority of the attackers were killed but those who submitted were also taken to the council for extra debriefing and then all would be trialed. Clara’s parents had already fled to see their daughter their emotions so askew yet all Clara could wail about was the man I had killed, the man she had turned werewolf to give him more power, the man that was Clara’s actual mate. Angus.