TWO

*****

XIOMARA

MANOR PARK, LONDON — 00:36

The speakers blasted 123 by Alkaline. One of my favourite songs by him. We had just finished our A-level exams. Life was good. My voice was shrill as I shouted. My waist tik-toking in time with the beat.

Ivy was behind me, controlling me, singing too. The house was hot and outside was warm even though the night sky was drowning in ink and the occasional star twinkled down at us. As if it was winking at something it knew that we didn't.

The DJ played it to the end, surprisingly, where Alkaline started groaning into the mic. One of my favourite parts.

By this point I was stood up straight with my arm slung around Ivy and another close friend of mine, Josea's neck. Shouting out to the tune of the song. Everyone around me was doing the same thing, but I was definitely the loudest.

I hate, hate, hate people that come to parties to sit down or do up screw face at everyone else making noise.

Then all of a sudden this subtle smell drifted into my nose, choking my next words. It was familiar to me, a sweet sandalwood with light hints of vanilla. It was rich and pungent making me immediately think back to him. Almost 6 months since we first met, and I've never found a man to have such an alluring and seductive scent.

I know for a fact it's him.

Josea didn't pay me any mind as I looked around impatiently but Ivy was agitated.

"Xio what's wrong with you!" She shouted above the music, into my ear. Move Mountains by Alkaline played next, I recognised the piano start, I guess the DJ was playing his throwbacks.

"You know that man I told you about." I answered. The crowd of students yelled out the infamous first line of the said song. So Ivy didn't hear me.

"Huh!" She shouted out again. Josea had just caught a whine, so he let go of me holding onto her hips whilst rippling his waist. Meaning that I was able to face Ivy completely.

"The man I told you about! He's here!"

"You've told me about one heap'a man? How am I supposed to remember who's who?" Ivy responded, making me eye her as she laughed.

"I'm so frigging hot! Come we go outside!" Ivy yelled. Of course she would be hot. I told her not to get her soft locs to her waist in the beginning of summer.

I, however planned ahead, and was wearing a dark brown bob wig to my shoulders, that had delicate highlights and lowlights. I was wearing a white, asymmetric strap bandeau top, with blue denim shorts with little rips in them.

On my feet, were plain white air forces, a basic outfit, nothing too over the top since I didn't have to prove any points tonight. I opted against a bra, so if you looked hard enough you would see my nipple piercings.

Ivy decided on a mocha brown long sleeve crop top, with a black PU split hem pants, which she paired with a similar colour sandals. So she could barely move, and she was hot. So I know my friend was uncomfortable.

She held my hand as she gently pulled me through the crowd so that we wouldn't lose each other.

"You lot alright?" Shantel, the host of the house party asked us just as we passed by her, I tugged on Ivy's arm to get her to turn back so that we could chat.

"Yes babe! The DJ is on su'tin tonight boy!" Ivy grinned hugging Shantel, after I had. Shantel was shapely, her batty was fat. On a next level.

"I'm just grateful I don't have to sit through another lesson of Economics!" Shantel laughed, holding onto our wrists. "Come meet my man, he was the one who bought all the Wray and Magnum!"