SIX

*****
XIOMARA

SOUTH NORWOOD, LONDON — 11:09

Yesterday morning my new red wig had arrived, so I had customised then cut layers in it last night following some YouTube's. At first I cried because I thought it had flopped but my curling wand erased all faults.

Now it's giving a whole 90s, Aaliyah vibe with a hint of Jessica Rabbit. It came out mad cute, and I was thrilled that my skills were improving. The lace definitely did what it was called to do and I was thankful.

Cause tonight I had a date with Israel. I'm gassed to say the least.

As I stacked shelves at the food bank I was volunteering at, it was all my mind could think about, especially what went down with Israel and I two nights ago. Flashbacks were running through my mind constantly and my excitement had me buzzing with energy. I know by tonight though my nerves are gonna be through the roof.

In regards to what happened two nights ago, well. Israel was only supposed to take me up the stairs just so that he knew I arrived safe. Yet once he stepped in he lingered until we were in my room. One minute I was telling him about Bridgerton, the popular show that I was just starting, grabbing my remote to turn it up. The next, half his body was dangling off my bed and his hand was deep between my thighs. Even though it was so unexpected, it was still what I wanted.

Ivy was currently on speaker as I organised the canned goods in the stock room, this would benefit me later when packing individual cartons for those in need.

"What you gonna wear?" Ivy finally calmed down. She had been screaming whilst babbling at the same time down the phone when I told her about the date. Let alone when I recalled the previous nights events.

"I dunno.." I dragged out, pausing to set my mind at ease. Cause once I started over thinking, that was it, but this was inevitable to be honest.

"I'm actually so gassed. I know you won't try find shit out so I had to. You know he raps, independently and he traps. That insta page you made for him, already has like 64K, it's only been about 2 weeks. Have you seen it? And he's still only following you. Likee! Sis!" She squealed, getting all excited again.

"He raps? Uh no." I groaned. I can't be asked to support anyone's flopping rapping career right now. I'm just trying to better myself on a whole, to be honest, fuck sitting in a studio supporting trash.

"No he's proper good! For real. He only has like 3 songs, but they have mad views. I was asking my friend who was in his year, Shardaye, but on a sly ca' you know she's fass. She was saying that he dropped out of uni, to hustle but he's smart. He's got bare avenues he could go down, but you know these dumb niggas always choose the illegal one." Ivy informed me.

"So how come I didn't hear of him before?" I questioned. As far as I'm concerned he's new to me.

"How could you? I love you babe, like my own blood sister, so I mean no harm. But you can count your true friends on one hand, and all you used to do was go college, work, home then smoke. We're not bait like that to know of him, neither do we listen to drill like that." She told me.

Fair enough.

"Okay I get it." I muttered, heaving as I picked up another pack of beans, before opening them to individually stack the shelves. "But like I don't get why this is news, Ivy."

"This is news because your probably gonna be having to fight a couple bitches who don't know their place." Ivy notified me, as though stating the obvious.

"I'm not even looking for a relationship right now, I'm gonna be off to uni soon. I could be up in country or down here, but like, having a man isn't even close to a priority. I like him, but it doesn't necessarily mean we're meant to be in a relationship. Like, attraction doesn't mean we'd be good together." I explained.