NINE • 2/2

THIS CHAPTER IS UNFINISHED BUT MY ASSIGNMENTS ARE STRESSING ME AND I REALLY NEED TO UPDATE. Sorry for the wait💗

XIOMARA
BRIXTON, LONDON

"Xio, babe, I really think you need to tek time..." Words laced with worry were murmured by Ivy, but little to no attention was paid to them. It was now later in the day and the sun had sunk and beautiful shades of oranges, lilac and coral pink now poured across the sky, Rygin King's, Glu blasted.

It was pure luck that Xio had seen her invitation to this motive earlier that day. She needed a good drink and a chance to set her mind at ease, but most importantly she was there for the drinks. The day she had definitely called for it.

James froze.

"Did he send you here or somethin'?"

"What?" I was well and truly puzzled. "He who?"

"DID HE FUCKIN' TELL YOU TO COME HERE?" He raised his voice whilst his hand scrambled for the buzzer, pressing on it rapidly. He began shouting for the nurse.

"Relax! What are you talking about James?" I tried to remain calm, but he was causing me to become frantic along with the surrounding patients. I stood up and reached out for him but he tried his utmost best to shove me away, making me stumble backwards and bash my leg on his bedside table.

"Stop acting dumb! What the fuck, yo! How could you do this to me? About you just wanted to check on me but you're actually here to try finish off the fuckin' job." He was practically screeching at me by this point , gathering everyone's attention. My heart literally felt as though it was going to thump out of chest, and plop right on his bed. Finish off what job? He thought I was here to kill him?

"Do what? Can't you see I don't know what you're talking about?" I pleaded with him as best as I could just so that he would explain.

"Your boy... He fuckin' did this to me! He smashed up my legs. He try kill me Xio! He try fucking kill me!" He was so worked up that hot, angry tears streamed down his face. Out of frustration he swiped at his tears, fuming that this was even happening, that this was happening to him.

It took a while for his words to register, and actually make sense, I literally couldn't comprehend what he was telling me.

I shook my head slowly in disbelief. "I was with him yesterday night. You said whoever did this, done it in the evening!"

My refusal to accept his accusation, seemed to really piss James off. His dampened face screwed up out of aggravation.

"Are you slow or suttin'? You think I could give a fuck about if you was with him, you coulda been in his skin for all I fuckin' care. He weren't even wearing a mask I very clearly saw his face, I don't need you to tell me shit."

Why would Israel do this to him?

"I-." I tried to organise my thoughts so I could at least put a sentence together, I gulped before asking, "I have love for you and you know that James, why would you ever think- i just-?" I sniffed, my tears began to fall relentlessly, I could barely even breathe let alone speak without hiccupping.

His anger seemed to dissipate as I went on, "Do you really think I'm that sick to come in here and do you like that? There was a point in our relationship where you literally entrusted me with your life! I actually can't believe you, if I came here to harm you, you don't think I would've done it already?"