[Chapter {16}]

Callum's POV

The walk to the Queens sanctuary was awkward and nerve-racking. Greg and Claire tried to start up conversations but I ignored them. They were just looking pieces of information they could use against me and I wasn't going to give them any of that.

They kept asking questions like, 'why are you back at the clan', or 'why does the Queen want to see you' and let me tell you their inquisitiveness was beginning to bug me so I told them to shut the hell up. It's not like they cared anyway.

Once we arrived in front of a chamber I distinctly remembered as the Queen's, they stopped. I let my eyes roam the place, it had definitely changed since the last time I saw it, which was to get banished from my own clan.

The chamber or palace as she likes to call it had undergone major renovation and so now it looked like some over furnished city mansion instead of the normal traditional building it was before. My guess is that this is her way of telling the world that she's the Queen, not that she needed anymore advertisement, her aura was already enough for you to acknowledge her royalty.

Greg knocked on the door and it was opened by one of the Queen's many guards, which she absolutely didn't need. She could take down anyone she wanted to, this made me question my readiness to be in her presence.

I had no plan or whatsoever and I'm sure the Queen could take me down with just a lift of her finger. The only thing that kept me from freaking out was the knowledge that I was doing all this for Nathan. Hell knows I'll do anything to protect my wolf boy.

As soon as we got to the part of the chamber with a very high ceiling that was curved low, Greg and Claire let go of me and pushed me roughly into the  room that had nothing but a fringed curtain to serve as a division from the other room. There was no door or anything, I guess you can't take the tradition out of a four thousand plus vampire. She had lived through enough generation to have a sense of fashion that came off as odd.

I was guided by the Queen's guard to her really high and extra large decorative chair she titled a throne. But the strange thing was that she wasn't on it, and despite that fact, the guards still left me to stand in front of the fucking throne like a moron.

I had to remind myself a dozen times that I was doing all this for Nathan, he was the only reason I wasn't already bolting out of the damn chamber.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up when a felt a particularly strong presence approach me and I had no doubt it was the Queen. But how was that possible, I felt her before I smelt her and that's not a very vampire like feature.

We vampires smell before we feel. We can detect a human a mile away because of their blood and we can detect us vampires because of our scent. The only people we can't detect from far are other supernatural creatures and that's where our sense of touch comes to play. We feel the presence of other supernatural creatures but sometimes we feel their presence too late to be able to avoid impending danger.

Just then my instincts kicked in and without much thought I swiftly turned around only to see myself catching the Queen's hand which she had directed to my neck. One pierce from those her long and poisonous nail could have me out like flash, if I was a human, I could have even met my death.

She didn't seem phased at me catching her hand and just released herself taking a step back from me.

"I see your powers are kicking in," she stated circling me making me feel very much like her prey.

"Ehm, I have no idea what you're talking about," I said and she raised an eyebrow at me. Funny thing is I was telling the truth, I really have no idea what the heck she's going on about.