[Chapter {22}]

Nathan's POV

The memory of lips on mine haunted my subconscious. I was watching my own body kiss someone who wasn't Callum, someone who looked very much like Eliza. Why I was kissing her was something I couldn't fathom.

The scene changed and I wasn't kissing Eliza anymore, instead I was watching Callum fight Matilda and Eliza. Is it bad that all I could think of, was how hot he looked throwing fireballs at Matilda.

I saw Eliza stand up from where she had been discarded, on the floor to be specific. Although I wanted to warn Callum of her approach, my voice betrayed me.

I stood helplessly, watching my body that lay on the floor try to speak, but to no avail. I watched Eliza approach a clueless Callum, making something blue and electrical in her palm that just seemed to grow more and more.

Eliza tried to aim whatever it was she had made at Callum, but he avoided it in the nick of time. I watched in amusement as Eliza let out a yell of frustration.

Callum supersped to her and before I could even prepare myself for what was going to happen, he was already inserting his hand into her head. He took out something small and pea shaped and as if in tow, Eliza let out a scream so loud the distant shatter of glasses could be heard loud and clear.

Curled on Callum's lips was a smirk that made him look like the vampire he was, a very sinister one at that. He enclosed Eliza in some kind of glowing ball, and as if wanting to enjoy the kill, he slowly squeezed his hand closed watching as Eliza turned into a pile of ash. Callum's powers were cruel and it both scared and ignited a fire within me.

I was too busy watching Callum that I failed to notice that Matilda had escaped. Callum seemed to have come to that realization and for a moment, he seemed to be in a trance. He snapped out of it looking like he had unraveled a mystery, and adding to the many brain melting things I had witnessed today, I watched in mortification as my mate walked through a freaking wall.

Both my body sitting helplessly on the floor and the one watching on the sidelines, granted even more helplessly, gasped when Matilda and Callum fell out of the wall. Matilda had her claws around his neck and I knew if she carried that on longer, Callum was going to pass out.

Not minding the repercussions of moving his overly bruised body, I watched my body crawl over to a silver knife in front of him. The knife looked familiar, but I was too concentrated on the scene in front of me, to pay attention to it.

I watched as I aimed the knife at Matilda, stabbing her directly in her stomach. She released Callum's neck and I let out a sigh, promptly ignoring her screech.

Her eyes flashed dangerously when it caught sight of me, but I felt too fufilled to care. I'd gladly accept my fate knowing Callum is safe.

My bruised self shut it's eyes, preventing me from seeing anything else. I went into full panic mode, only thinking of one thing, perhaps one person, Callum.

When my vision was finally restored, I opened my eyes to a scene that sparked my nerves. Callum had the previously discarded silver knife in his hand, and he was slicing through Matilda at an unimaginable speed. All the while, he did this with that sadistic but thoroughly amused smirk on his face.

With one final hit, Callum stabbed Matilda behind her knees, causing her to fall in a bloody hip to the floor.

I watch in horror as he slipped his hand into her chest and ripped out her heart without a single care. He squashed it till it was nothing but a disgusting black gooey mess. A dark spectrum of light, probably Matilda's soul, disappeared through the ceiling.