[Chapter {3}]

Surprise surprise!!!

Nathan's POV

Another school year and thankfully my last in highschool. I don't get why I even have to go to school. I'm a werewolf and I'm pretty sure we don't need school but the alpha who is also my father made it compulsory for all of us to have at least little education.
College wasn't compulsory though some werewolves still sign up for it.

I doubt I'll be going to college though, I absolutely hate school. I made my way down stairs and nodded in reply to the greetings I received. I was the next alpha so I was highly respected. The only thing keeping me from taking over from my dad was the fact that I haven't found my mate yet and don't tell anyone but I'm secretly okay with that.

Life long commitment to someone I might not even know isn't something I'm looking forward to.
I went to my car and saw Clara, Matt and Josh already waiting for me.

"Morning alpha," they all chorused.

"Yah yah now get in," I said slightly annoyed that they too were treating me differently. Ever since I became eighteen people's attitude towards me changed. They were much more respectful since eighteen is the age I officially become alpha and like I said earlier the only thing holding me back is the mate issue.

I got us to school in ten minutes and we all gathered our stuffs and left the car. As usual we had lots of attention, it could hear nice sometimes and sometimes it just be plain annoying and write now it was annoying.

We got our stuffs from our various lockers and made our way down the halls to our first class of the day which we coincidentally all shared. Matt was had them deep in a conversation about something I couldn't care less about.

Clara had her arms in mine making us look like a couple, which we weren't. Sometimes I wished she was my mate, that way I wouldn't have to deal with some unfamiliar.

I wasn't really paying attention to were I was going and bumped into someone. My whole body tingled at the contact and I could feel my wolf jumping for joy.

"Finally," he exclaimed as my senses got clouded by the strawberry, coffee and cinnamon scent they were giving off.

I looked down to see a pail guy with white hair and striking blue eyes. He wasn't tall and I'm sure I'd be up to a head taller than him. Suddenly I felt anger wash through me I have never seen this guy before and that's who I'm given as a mate, don't forget the fact that he was a guy. I mean I'm not gay. I decided to vent my anger on him.

"Watch where you're going," I growled at the guy who was supposedly my mate.

"Nate be nice," Clara told me.

"Well he should watch where he's fucking going," I yelled causing the guy to flinch. I almost forgot about the little facade, 'almost'.

"Sorry," he mumbled packing his books that were now on the floor.

"Nate give the guy a break," Matt told me

"I haven't seen you around here before, are you new," he asked. My mate replied with a nod.

"Cool, I'm Matt," Matt introduce stretching his hand for him to shake it.

"I'm Callum," he replied shaking Matt's outstretched hand causing me to feel a slight pang of jealousy which I quickly shook off. I had to fight back a growl though, since my wolf was having none of this

"You're awfully pail, don't you tan," Clara asked quite bluntly.

"I don't like the sun," was his simple reply.

"It was nice meeting you but we have to go to our class now," Matt said.

I don't know why I felt the need to be a jerk once again, but I did so I went with the flow.