[Chapter {17}]

Nathan's POV

"You should be ashamed you know, using me to lure a kid to you just so you could have his powers," I hissed struggling with the silver chains they had around me. My wrists burned as soon as the damn chains touched them, I had to keep myself from crying out at the feeling.

"Considering the position you are in, I thought you would have been less annoying, I guess I thought wrong," Matilda sneered. Everything about her pissed me off including her name.

"I'm never going to let you lay a hand on my mate," I growled even though I knew my statement would pave way to more mockery.

"How do you plan on achieving that in chains," she asked like I expected her too, my wolf let out a loud growl but immediately quietened when I was stabbed with yet another silver knife.

I groaned in pain as I felt my wolf slipping away once again. Anytime I act defiant, they stab me with something silver. I'm not even sure how much longer I can last with all the silver in me. I was beyond weak but I refused to let Matilda see that. I'll continue to be defiant no matter how many stabs I receive.

"You know you might want to stay alive for your mate, he will be here soon and it'll be a pity if he comes to meet you dead," the vampire taunted and I shut my eyes tight.

My thoughts of Callum is the only thing that has been keeping me going. Imagining his face helps me forget about the intense pain I feel. And to think I was planning to mark him him during this full moon. The full moon usually lasts for about two weeks and we're already in the sixth day of the first week.

Seeing as I have no idea when I'm getting out of hear, it's obvious that I'll have look for another occasion where I can finally mark Callum. To be honest the wait has been killing me, but I've tried to endure so I don't have to rush Callum. He didn't like to be rushed into situations like this, the things that happened when we first met kind of explained that.

Look at me thinking about mating Callum when I'm not even sure if I'll ever make it out of here. Only Callum had the ability to consume my mind despite the unnerving situation I was in. I chuckled at the thought making the Queen turn her attention to me.

I shrugged at her questioning look and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"Whatever, you would not be laughing for long. Once Callum gets here, I'll use you as bait to get his powers then destroy both of you after that," she said laughing maniacally. You know, that evil witch laughter the bad guy usually does in movies.

"You're not going to get away with this Matilda, Callum is smart and gifted, he'll take you down before you know it," I egged on despite knowing that I'll get a silver blade in my body for it.

"He might be smart and gifted, but he still has one weakness and that's you."

Thinking about it, this evil vampire is right, if I wasn't Callum's mate he wouldn't have to worry about me while doing the right thing. But one thing she's wrong about is thinking that love is a weakness. Love is a strength most people can't even afford, if not for my thoughts about Callum, I'll probably have given up a long time ago.

"You just wait and see Matilda, Callum is going to destroy you," I gave her a shit eating grin knowing it will piss her off.

"Take him back to his cell before I kill him without even using him," she spat through gritted teeth and at that, I was hauled by her guards off the floor and in the direction of my cell.

"Hey let me go" I yelled, struggling against their hold with my last ounce of energy even though deep down I knew my efforts were futile.

Her guards who were more like breathing statues to me didn't even batt an eyelash.