[Chapter {11}]

Callum's POV

After yesterday's somewhat frightening incident, Nathan and I decided to look into it later and just focus on releasing some of our pent of tension. We later settled for something cute, and by cute I mean a date.

So here I am, in front of my mirror freaking out about the fact that I'm going on a date. Not only is this my first date with is a werewolf, I also have zero experience in a date of any sort.

Nathan had asked to dress casual but I'm not sure if my current look is casual enough or even not casual enough.

Hell, I'm being so paranoid I thought laughing humorlessly at myself.

There is absolutely no need for you to freak out Callum I chanted to myself trying to get my worked up brain to believe it.

Just when I thought that my breathing had gone back to normal and I was somewhat able to produce coherent thoughts, the sound of a horn sent me back to panic mood.

I groaned in frustration and stared hard reflection in my full length mirror. This is just a normal date with a normal guy so all you have to do is act normal I told myself.

Thinking about my earlier statement, I actually laughed in my face. For one, there is nothing normal about me, or the boy I'm going on the date with so that brings me to the conclusion that our date is far from normal.

"Callum what are you getting nervous about, it's just a date. By the way, I'm pretty sure Nathan's getting worried about the fact that you haven't showed up yet," my mom said through the mind link.

"It's just, I'm feeling a little anxious," I replied quietly a little ashamed to have admit it.

"There's no reason to panic Cal, just act normal and you'll be fine. Now go out there and save Nathan from having a heart attack. Oh and have fun honey," she said enthusiastically before disconnecting the mind link.

Ok so my mom is probably right, I should just act normal. I took a deep breath and exited my room feeling a lot more confident than before.

Holding on to the surge of confidence, I strut down the stairs determined to have a normal date with Nathan, well as normal as a vampire's date can be anyway.

Nathan who had been staring at the stairs with tensed shoulders visibly relaxed when he saw me causing me to feel a bit guilty for leaving him down here on his own.

"Thank heavens, I thought you bailed on me," Nathan whispered hoarsely but his grave expression quickly morphed into one of glee and then he was holding my hand and pulling me in the direction of his car.

"I would never do that Nate," I replied honestly and he flashed me his charming smile.

"So we're we going," I asked staring out the window absentmindedly.

"You'll just have to wait and see," he teased a peculiar glint in his eye.

After about thirty minutes of driving, I was beginning to get nervous again but that was only because Nathan had now navigated into an isolated dirt track.

"Ehm, Nathan are you sure you're going the right way," I asked looking cautiously at the forest that currently surrounded us.

"I'm sure Cal, I've had this planned for a long time," he replied flashing me a reassuring smile that subsequently calmed my raging nerves.

After about ten minutes, Nathan finally pulled up to at a small clearing of road with fewer trees surrounding it.

He crossed over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. Taking my hands in his, he led us through an unfamiliar path.